103

[Jacob POV]
My mom said she'll drive me to go get the car battery, so I let Luca stay at the house. I just hope he doesn't feel too awkward with my dad and brother/brother's friends.

[Luca POV]
Minutes after Jacob left with his mom, Mason came and hunted me down. I had only just gone inside and was trying to figure out what to do with myself when he walked in behind me.
"My friends wanna talk to you. Like about Jacob," He said out of nowhere. I was a little hesitant but followed him back outside. They reeked of Marijuana but I ignored it. All of them weren't in the woods anymore, just the backyard where it was pretty lit up because of the back porch light. It wasn't really about Jacob, more about me than anything, and occasionally Jacob.

"What are all those bruises from?" One of Mason's friends asked. His name's Jistin or something. I remember because it was the same name as my therapist. I looked down because I forgot I was wearing short sleeves. They're a little old, but they're mostly on my arms. I know exactly what they're from, I can't really forget about it even though I forgave Jacob. One night before we made up, he got mad. Really mad. And he pushed me against the wall, slamming my body against it and not letting me go. He mostly yelled at me, but at different points, he grabbed different parts of my arm. Which led to the bruises scattered across them. I just shook my head in response to the question before answering.
"I just move a lot in my sleep," I said, trying to laugh it off. They didn't ask Mr anymore about it, but I doubt they believed me. The bruises were faded to a greenish-yellow color already. The rest of the conversation, one friend was pushed up against me, which just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like him against me, and I can only smell Kayden right now.

They probably use the same deodorant or whatever, but I can smell it. It's putting me on edge, to be honest. So when a car pulled up, I snapped my head to look at the driveway in a second. It was just Jacob and his mom.
"I should go talk to Jacob," I mumbled, standing up. Justin held onto my wrist as I stood, probably gently, but I wasn't picking up on that. I could only think about Kayden and the whole grabbing me thing was triggering. Regardless of if it was or wasn't gentle.
"Please don't grab me," I said, on the verge of crying. I was both trying to get him to let go and not start sobbing.

He let go and told me sorry. I really don't think it was malicious, but I still went to go find Jacob. He was inside, talking to his dad about the car. I took a breath as I was shutting the door behind me, then took his hand. Jacob suddenly stopped talking, looking back to see who grabbed his hand.
"Oh," He casually remarked before continuing the conversation, not confused anymore. It made me smile a little bit and try to wipe the tears that hadn't fallen yet.
"I'll put the battery in, don't worry 'bout it. You just make sure there's gas in the car before you bring it back from work," His dady said, smiling.
"If you say so. I'm laying down, I'm tired," Jacob commented, pulling me with him to the bedroom. I followed, trying to brush off my anxiety.
"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Nothin', I just got reminded of Kayden. It's not a big deal," I tried to explain, hopefully downplaying anything that could've worried Jacob. I don't want him stressing over me when it was just a smell.
"What do you mean? What reminded you of him?" He quickly asked.
"Somethin' just smelled like him," I softly mumbled.
"Aw, baby..." He sighed, rubbing my back.
"Is okay, 'm just sleepy," I whined, rubbing my face. Jacob mumbled an 'okay' before slipping off his shoes.
"I have to wake you up with me so you can go to the apartment while I go to work," He told me, sitting down on the bed. I really do wanna just go to sleep.

That night, I had a sorta nightmare. Like, I really didn't like the feeling it gave me, but I stayed asleep throughout the whole thing. Until Jacob woke me up. I whined and was little when I woke up, so I wanted to hold onto him the entire time.
"Dady, I wan a huggie," I quietly whined.
"I know, Bubba," He said, pulling me closer onto his lap. He got ready around me, except for his uniform that was at the apartment, and slipped on his tennis shoes. I put mine on as his mom handed him our now-clean clothes. Mason told me bye-bye, so I waved and followed out to the car. I got in the front seat and fell asleep on the drive back to the apartment. What can I say, I'm not a morning person. The next time I woke up, Dady was carrying me inside. I groaned and pushed myself off his shoulder so he was still carrying me, but I could look around.

Karmin was in the hallway of our apartment, so he waved at me. I waved a little bit and rubbed my eyes. Papa unlocked the door and sat me down on my feet before walking in after me. He shut and locked the door before going to find his uniform. I was gonna go follow him until someone knocked on our door. I didn't bother to check the peep hole, I just unlocked and opened the door.
"Hey Luca, do you wanna hang out? It's really nice outside," Karmin offered.
"Um..." I started. I wanna, but I also wanna cuddle Dady til he's gotta leave.
"I can in like 10 minutes," I eventually answered. He smiled and told me he'd knock on my door again later, hugging me before he left. I ignored how weird it came off and shut the door again.

In seconds, I ran back to go find Dady and bug him until he gave me kisses. It didn't take that long. When I first went to our bedroom, he already had his pants on. I walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his bare chest.
"Baby, I gotta get ready," He protested, picking up his shirt and putting it over his head. I reluctantly pulled away so he could put it on, but only until he put it on. The second his shirt was past his belly button, I was clinging onto him again.

He just let it go and let me cling to him the entire time. A little bit after he left, Karmin knocked on my door again. We were together all day, I think. Until probably noon. I had been big since we started talking, and right now, we're sitting on the grads outside the apartments.
"Have you ever gone to see him at work?" He asked, giving me an idea. I didn't realize I could just see him during his break. We had been talking about how I never see him during the day when he works, since he works from 8 am and gets home at 7 pm.
"I didn't realize I could," I said, kinda giggling.
"I go visit my girlfriend at her job constantly. She gets really excited when I go to see her, though," He said, fixing the way his shoes were tied.
"I could take you to see him. I'd just need where he works," Karmin offered. I barely thought about it before I agreed. Even if I just spend 20 minutes with him, the day would be a little easier to get through. And it's just this one time anyway.