seventeen | no body, no crime

* gosh finally weekend *

EROS

A deep frown formed on my forehead as I tried to gather everything I had heard about Ryker Cromwell. The Ethereal was our rival pack so we always kept tabs on whatever was going on in the North, although not as much as in the West, where the Night Walkers ruled. And to be frank, we had monitored Ryker's older brother, Walker Cromwell, since he was supposed to be their next Alpha so the younger brother had never been our interest until recently. Being put in the spotlight, I could only remember that Ryker used to be the easy-going, devil-may-care second son, the one who had always had more fun with parties and ladies because he had been born knowing that he would never have to inherit the responsibilities. Until the unthought-of had become reality and he'd had to step in his brother's shoes. 

I heaved a sigh. Xyrra was right. Someone like Ryker was definitely out of her league. The guy clearly liked experienced girls, not that Alana was experienced either. I bet if Alana had not been Ryker's best friend since they were five, he would not have been interested in her. Although I half suspected that one of the reasons why Ryker had chosen Alana was because of his newfound role as an Alpha and the fact that he wanted someone he could trust to be his Luna. Of course, he stupidly had not realized that just because he hadn't been able to find his mate for seven years, it did not necessarily mean that she was not out there. 

"Ryker loves a good party." I cleared my throat. "From what I've heard, he used to indulge in many worldly things including ladies. But now that he has become the Alpha, I think he left all of those behind." 

"Not the parties though," commented Xyrra, leaning her back on the wooden column so she was facing me. "There will be a Halloween party at the packhouse next Friday. Trish invited me to go shopping for a costume with her tomorrow." 

Who? "Trish?" I followed suit and leaned on the opposite column, crossing my right leg. 

"Dmitry's cousin." 

"Ah, the Beta." I nodded. Everyone knew the Russian pack warrior, Dmitry Vashkov, and the infamous story of leaving his pack to become Ryker's Beta although we have never known the real reason behind his odd decision. 

Xyrra bit her lips nervously. "I will get a good costume but I don't think that will be enough." 

It wouldn't be. "How's your kissing skill?" 

"W-what?" Xyrra blinked. "I guess it's okay?" 

I could not believe I was asking Xyrra, my best friend, about her kissing skill when I wasn't even supposed to think of her that way. "Have you gotten any complaints so far?" Somehow I managed to blurt that out and ask her. 

Her face scrunched up as she tried to remember then her cheeks flamed once again. "Brett may have said something." 

I would fucking kill that son of a bitch. Ares nodded his agreement, 'And I would help you.'

"What did he say?"

"He said I didn't use enough tongue and I was rather stiff," answered her before shaking her head and groaning out to air her frustration. "I'm not cut out for this. I'm gonna screw this up." 

Her beautiful face looked dejected and I gave her a rueful smile. I felt really bad for her. If only there was a way for me to help her. But Xyrra seemed to think ahead of me as she blinked once again and then tilted her head up so her eyes met mine. "You should show me." 

Ares stirred while my heart nearly stopped. "What?" 

"You have to show me, Er, so I know how to do it properly. So I can be better at it."