thirty five | you gave me roses and I left them there to die

Warning ⚠️ NSFW. 

Advisable for 18+, not suitable for light hearts. Contained sex and violence. 

Nervousness took over me as I stood in the hallway. I have felt nervous before, but never to this extent where it was uncontrollable. As I waited, I counted from one to twenty to help me relax. I wasn't sure what I was actually waiting for until someone touched my shoulder and I spun around. My eyes instantly locked with a pair of gorgeous silver eyes. He lowered his hand and pushed it into the pocket of his black executive pants.

"What are you doing here, Bubbles?" the man asked me with a frown.

Bubbles?

I wanted to ask him why he was calling me 'Bubbles' but I found my mouth opening and myself saying, "I've been looking for you. I needed to talk to you."

"Okay," he drawled. He swayed his weight from one foot to the other. Worries and fear flashed in his eyes and I wondered why. "What is it?"

"I've been thinking." Again, I found myself — who didn't feel like myself — answering him.

He swallowed. "And?"

Again, this body did its own thing and did not follow my mind as I watched myself placing my palm on his chest. I felt his heart beating faster and faster and through the fabric, I could feel his warmth.

The man clasped his hand on top of mine, sending electricity and a tingle to my entire body. I could tell that my body—this body was drawn to him, wanted him. Desperately. Hell, the other parts of my body that he didn't touch even begged to feel his touch. "I'm not going to play a game with you, Al. It's not right. You are either with me or with him. You can't be with both of us. You have to choose."

Ignoring his plea, I curled my hand into a fist, clutching at the front of his shirt, then I pulled him into me. Our mouths met in a perfect kiss. The kind of kiss that left us wanting more. The kind of kiss that could break or make a man. I heard him groan and fought the urge to smile. Instead, I pressed my body into his rock-hard body, enjoying the feeling of our bodies being this close to one another. We've done this before, I've made out with him more than a dozen times, and yet I knew that this time, I would let it all go unrestrained. I would let us finally enjoy each other, ravish one another. Today would be the day that we finally did it. I could feel it and I could feel his erection nudging my lower abdomen.

He let our tongues entwine for a few more minutes before he pulled back. His hand was on my shoulder, but he didn't push me away. "Bubbles, we can't keep doing this. It's not fair to everyone. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to him." His eyes stared at me in pain, but I could see a sliver of doubt in those silver eyes. "I can't keep doing this."

I withdrew my hand and crossed my arms in front of my tank top, then took a step back. My last movement seemed to add salt to the pain in his eyes. "Why are you being like this? Don't you want me? You said you did, but I am not sure anymore."

Both of his hands surprised me when they caught my upper arms and started shaking me. "I want you. And I am being like this because I desperately want you. Can't you tell? I hopelessly crave you. Have you any idea how difficult it is for me? You're my mate, but you want him while I want you. Although I'm technically the Alpha, I can't banish him because he's my brother."

I tried to break free from his hold, and he dropped his hands. "You told me that you'll give me time."

"I'm giving you time," he said, clearly exasperated. "You can have all the time you need, but you've got to stop playing with fire. Don't play with me or my brother and keep your hands and other body parts to yourself."