°°°°°°°

A year later . . .

Time flew when one was too happy to pay attention. I'd gotten married about three months after he'd proposed. At first we'd thought that we should have a rather long engagement, perhaps a year long, but then I realized that I'd stopped having my menstruation that month and then the next month. We had it tested and it turned out that I was pregnant thus we had to push the wedding or else I would have to arrange a white dress that could accommodate my baby bump.

Eventually I'd informed Thanos about my parentage. He seemed heartbroken but he told me that since beginning he'd always had his doubts and he'd simply chosen not to believe them. He'd told me that he would keep in touch but since he was back to being Beta of the Erebus, somehow I doubted that he'd have time for me.

Nevertheless he'd still shown up at the wedding. Although he hadn't been the one walking me down the aisle, Alpha Damien had and shockingly, he'd had tears in his eyes. He'd said to me that my father would be very happy for me that despite everything else that had happened, I was still able to find my happiness and that love had proven that it truly did conquer all including a rate, mythical disease such as Mad Wolf.

All of my friends had been present at the wedding too. Miles, Davina, Eros, Trish, and even Dmitry who'd flown all the way from Russia and guess what, he'd told Ryker and I that he would get married soon as well. Of course since he was Dmitry, he'd said that in his usual flat, emotionless tone as if it wasn't one of the groundbreaking news. I had to admit, the girl that he'd brought to the wedding was interesting. I'd never would've thought that a quiet man like Dmitry would fall for someone that was quite the opposite of him. But again, what did I know? I ended up marrying a man that once upon a time I was trying to get my revenge on.

This morning as I woke up and breathed the fresh air, I was truly grateful about everything that life had to offer. I had been working on the balance thing that Seymour had once mentioned about. In all honesty, I hadn't touched magic since I'd been pregnant and even now that I'd delivered two gorgeous babies: Isla Nicolette and Noah Walker, I still hadn't used my magic. Instead, I'd been spending time with Seymour, taking her on pack run whenever I'd had the chance to. My magic wasn't going to go anywhere but Seymour might if I used too much magic.

As for the Book of The Damned, I'd relocated it back to where I'd once found it aka in my dad's basement. Ryker had bought that house, claiming that it was a memento of our first time together — upon hearing this, my dear best friend Eros had made a face since when this had happened, he'd been just down the hall (I know, quite scandalous, isn't it?!).

Once I'd brushed my teeth and cleaned up, I walked out of the bedroom and went to my old room which had been turned into a nursery.

"Good morning, Isla," I greeted my baby girl and planted a kiss on her forehead. Then I moved on to my baby boy and did the same. "Hello, Noah."

I watched them with a small smile. I still couldn't believe that I'd delivered these two beautiful, tiny creatures. As I continued to watch them, a female voice suddenly slipped into my head.

'You did better than me. You have two power sources instead of one. What are you waiting for, my child?'

Looking down, I watched the red purple smoke start oozing out of my palms and making my way toward my babies. I quickly moved further away from my babies and did my best to withdraw them. I closed my eyes and took a deep, calming breath. When I finally reopened my eyes, the red purple smoke was gone. What was left was the temptation to gain another power but I shook those thoughts away.

"Hey, how are the two angels who have made me awake at least four times last night?" I heard Ryker's voice from behind me and turned to offer him a small smile.

"They are both wide awake now," I replied him then proceeded to pick up Isla and held her in my arms. "Let's get you both some vitamin D, shall we?"

Later that morning, the temptation and the crazy thoughts were gone and I could only pray that they'd never return.

°°°°°°°

Author Note: Dear gentle readers, this author can hardly believe that Book 2 of TTWA series is now officially completed! How are you all doing? If there is a third book called Mad Witch, will you read it? Once again, this author would like to thank everyone for their supports to his stories especially the A.R. WereWorld series! Have a splendid day!