CHAPTER 13: SCARS

"If you never heal from what hurt you, then you'll bleed on people who didn't cut you" - Tamara Kulish

•••

ALAINE DAVIES

My mouth hung open as we pulled into John's drive way. He was living in a real life mansion, I never asked where he lived but I always thought it'd be some kind of cozy little apartment with his friends as roommates.

What was before me was far from little, how could he afford such a place?, Did he rob a bank or perhaps steal the deeds of the building from the owner and put it In his name instead?. My imagination was running wild as I tried to process everything, no ordinary college student could afford this.

"Al, are you okay?" John said with amusement swirling in his eyes

A small blush appeared on my cheeks as I realized everyone had gotten out of the car and were waiting for me.

"Oh sorry" I replied and hurriedly got off

We walked to the front door with John leading the way. He was so vibrant and bubbly, you'd never guess he was hospitalized for two weeks and just got discharged. He opened the door and if I thought the exterior was jaw dropping then I was so wrong, the Interior was incredibly beautiful.

This wasn't a mansion, it was palace!.

"This place is surreal" I whispered in awe and john chuckled. An evidence that he heard me

Matt ran and threw himself on the large white couch while Jason and Shadrach headed to the kitchen. John and I were left at the doorstep, I was too busy being mesmerized to notice him.

As I was about taking a step, he suddenly grabbed on to my hand and dragged me up a staircase that was located in a corridor I didn't even notice. We finally got to the top and he turned to face me with a wide smile splayed on his face.

His smile...

"Hey" He said as his smile grew wider

"Hey?" I replied unsurely

We remained silent as he kept staring and smiling while I gave him a weary look.

"You sure you don't have a concussion?" I asked and he did the most surprising thing, he laughed!.

Not chuckle, not smirk, a full blown laugh, like throwing your head back in laughter kind of laugh. I stared in awe, the sound coming out of him was even more beautiful and jaw dropping than the house.

His laughter finally ceased and I began wishing it didn't, he sounded really nice.

"I'm fine, just happy" He said after his fit ended

"Why are you so happy?"

"I honestly have no idea. I could burst with joy" He chuckled

"Okay, then why did you drag me up here?" I asked

"Because I wanted to be just us" He leaned against the wall opposite me, his smile still as wide as ever.

Although he smiled so brightly, it was evident something was bothering him.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked and his smile diminished