Chapter 65

"I could tell that you were in love with the young master, and I was happy to see that you two had gotten along so well recently...... but today I saw that only Miss Lizé and Master Killian were going out together......"

"Ah......"

"Why did you let only the two of them go?"

I was more pleased to see that Anna was happy that things had gotten better between me and Killian.

But seeing Lizé and Killian out alone today must have made her uneasy again.

"What can I say......"

"But you are his wife, and no matter how much they've been like brother and sister, they're still a man and a woman...... no, no, please pretend you didn't hear that."

I felt a little comforted that Anna cared about me.

"Killian is not a man who would do anything irresponsible, and while he may be in love with Lizé, he will not cause a scandal with her, at least not while he is still married to me."

"It's not that I don't trust Master Killian; it's just that I don't understand you, miss."

That's understandable.

What a strange master I must be to Anna.

"I'm sure I'm frustrating and strange to you, but at the end of the day, I'm doing this to survive."

I smiled.

Anna's gaze at me was complicated.

"Do you love Master Killian?"

"......yes. I love him."

It's a line I can't confess to Killian.

"How could I not love him?"

A man I can't understand.

A man who spits out harsh and cold words, but secretly cares and protects me.

A man who is dazzlingly gorgeous, who awakens a spark in me that I didn't know I had, and who calls me "my wife," the daughter of a political opponent.

Perhaps if someone other than me were to reincarnate as Edith, she would inevitably fall in love with him, just like the original Edith.

"But why are you making concessions to Miss Lizé?"

"I'm not making a concession. A concession is a word you use when something is coveted by the other side."

"Sorry......?"

"Lizé doesn't want Killian, because if she does, she'd already be clinging to him when the subject of me and Killian's marriage came up. If she showed a single tear in front of him, he would have fought off the Duke and everyone else to have her."

But Lizé blessed Killian's marriage to me.

Because his man is Cliff the male lead, not Killian.

"It must be Cliff......"

As if reading my thoughts, Anna nodded. But then she muttered under her breath, "Then why has Miss Lizé been seeing Master Killian lately......?"

"Huh?"

"Oh, no!"

"No, I won't be angry, so tell me."

It was obvious that Anna, who had relaxed, was now blaming her mouth.

But you can't take back words you've already spit out, so she hesitated, then mumbled, "It's just that Miss Lizé has been strangely nice to Master Killian lately."