Chapter 143

9. Flashback (2)

'She seems to know what it means to be responsible for the weapons documents, but she doesn't seem to realize that this is the part of the episode that's going to strangle her.'

Lizé, who had a keen sense of Edith's psychology, glanced at her as she worked, though she pretended not to.

She'd thought it before, but Edith was a good worker.

She was unfazed by the important documents she was suddenly entrusted with, and with just a quick glance, she had them organized into categories.

'What on earth did she do in her previous life?'

Lizé did her best to hide her discomfort with the seemingly more competent Edith than her.

But then something Edith did caught her attention.

She was organizing information in a table that wasn't in any of the other documents.

'Huh? Yeah, that's it!'

At that moment, Lizé had an idea of how to make Edith the culprit in this document leak.

'Because the original story doesn't mention anything about using tables to organize documents......!'

She hastily added a setting to this world that said, "No tables are used for formatting."

Now that nobody knew about the concept of tables, Edith would be framed if the Riegelhoffs found any documents with tables in them.

Unaware of Lizé's true intentions, Edith completely ignored Lizé's explanation that she was helping out because she was new to the job, and even went so far as to try to impress the Duchess with her capabilities, which further ruined Lizé's mood.

'She's acting like she's an expert for doing something so simple, not realizing that it's going to trip her up.'

Lizé smiled innocently at Edith, but inside she was sharpening her knives.

'Sooner or later, Count Riegelhoff will send Edith a letter to steal the documents.'

Lizé timed it so that she could take Edith's organized documents, forge her handwriting, make copies, and send them to the Riegelhoffs.

It was so easy, so simple.

And just like in the original story, Edith was immediately framed for the incident.

'She didn't do it, and it happened just like in the original story. Now what is she going to do?'

Lizé waited for Edith's panicked response.

However, there was a pause, and then Cliff and Killian began to investigate Lizé's movement radius and alibi.

This had never happened before.

'What the hell? Why are Cliff and Killian interrogating me when they should be interrogating Edith?!'

She was perplexed, but she played it cool until the end.

After waiting a few days, the original flow took place, and the document Lizé sent to the Riegelhoffs was now in Duke Ludwig's hands. Of course, it was 'proof that Edith was the culprit.'

'Now she won't even be able to make a defense, how crazy will she be?'

This episode was the first hurdle that most Ediths fell into.

Lizé came to the office on the Duke's call, expecting the 13th Edith would also fall this time.

The atmosphere in the office as she was called to testify was somber, as expected, and Lizé feigned surprise and studied Edith's expression.