𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

Ima try to focus on this book til chapter 21 idk🧍🏾‍♀️don't hold me to it

Check in 🫡

𝗙𝗘𝗪 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥 — 𝟫:𝟦𝟩𝗉𝗆

Some time had passed, almost a week at this point since Quadir and Zainab had their argument at her house and there had been no contact between either since then.

Zay was giving Quadir his space like he'd requested, yet at the same time there was a dull ache within her knowing they weren't on the best of terms and felt somewhat stuck in the whole situation.

From her point of view, it seemed to her that Quadir was upset that she didn't feel the same way and felt it was somewhat unfair on his end to completely withdraw himself from her because she wasn't on the same page about getting into a relationship.

It was only unfair to her because she did in fact feel the same way, she knew she liked Quadir that was a given .. she just wasn't sure if she was ready to be in a serious relationship but for him it was all or nothing.

It'd been close to a month now they'd been seeing each other on that level, so she was just apprehensive taking that next time as she liked how things were now,

However, as the more days passed she was second guessing if they weren't on the same page after all, she didn't like them being at odds with one another, at all.

A part of her wanted to call him and fix things but a larger part of her still felt like he should've tried to understood where she was coming from.

She let the days pass, keeping it to herself but now she'd been going stir crazy, needing a friend to vent to about this because she didn't know if she wanted to go another day like this.

Luckily for her she was working at the shop with Sianni today, knowing she'd see her best friend and finally let her know what's been going on.

Zay didn't try to make it a habit of telling her friends every little thing in her relationship but sometimes she needed other point of views on the situation.

Right now, Zay and Sianni were in the back of the hair salon where some stylists chill at or if they need to take a call away from the loud noise and music in the front.

She was recounting everything that went down between her and Quadir the other day to her friend.

"—Then he was like I'm not tryna argue with Saleem in the house blah blah blah call me when you know what you want. Girl just all this shit." Zay finished telling the story, watching as Sianni shifted in the chair eating her sour patch kids

"Bitch and when this happen last Friday?"

"Girl yes."

"Why you wait so long to tell me??"