Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Captain Trinity pointed a gloved finger to a large tan coloured box.

"Those who are able, go to that box and take out a helmet each and protective shin and elbow guards and gloves."

Adam had spoken to Captain Trinity about his belief Jake was somewhere on the planet outside the Nexus. Trinity had replied that may be possible but whoever took Jake obviously wanted him alive so he would be safe from the planet's predators, or any other kind of danger. Trinity went on to tell Adam they had satellites circling the planet looking for any sign of a purpose built habitation and the cameras on the satellites could penetrate the ground for several miles down. So far they had come up with nothing but the search would go on.

Adam went to the box and got himself a helmet and shin and elbow guards and gloves. He strapped on the guards and put on the helmet and gloves. He helped Malcolm and Brigitte on with theirs.

The Bug needed no such protection. He tuned his own helmet radio to the frequency each helmet would receive. Finally the pens were opened and some strange beasts trotted out.

They were obviously reptiles because they were covered in brightly coloured scales. Instead of jaws they had bills and their hind legs were larger than their front legs. Even so they scampered forward on all fours. Each creature had a big stiff tail hanging in the air behind their bodies.

They hooted at one another.

"These are Maiasaura and they are dinosaurs," said Trinity. "Now there's a room there. Go through the doors and each take a saddle and bridle."

"Are we going to ride those things?" said Adam.

"Yes you are going to ride them," said Captain Trinity.

"Why?"

"All will be revealed."