Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Their first lesson of the day was dimensional science. Adam didn't have so much luck this time and got stuck in the wall. Brigitte got stuck beside him and the two children stood in the wall waiting to be chiselled out.

The androids soon got to work on them, hammering away with chisels. Adam stepped out of the wall with bits of brick still clinging to him. There was a large piece of brick attached to his shoulder. An android smashed it with a single blow. As Adam was not expecting this he yelped and jumped in shock.

"The brick is harder than it looks," said Brigitte. "Hang on."

An android was about to chisel bits of brick off her tunic but Brigitte concentrated and took one step forward. The pieces of brick attached to her melted and reformed just outside her and fell to the ground.

"Shame you couldn't have done that in the wall," said Adam.

"His name is Merl," said a voice behind them.

They both turned. It was the Bug.

"The kid with the robe and pointy hat," he said. "Is the son of a powerful sorcerer on a world where everyone does magic."

"How do you know this?" said Adam.

"I interfaced my helmet computer with the main Nexus computer and downloaded the information."

"Are you allowed to do that?"

"No but I won't tell anyone if you don't."

The three met up with Malcolm and George. Malcolm wore a big smile.

"I was at archery and my instructor shot an arrow and got it in the bullseye and I shot my arrow and my arrow split the shaft of his arrow."

"You must be very happy," said Adam.

"You should have seen it," said Malcolm.

"People, watch your backs," said Adam. "The kid in the funny gown and stupid cone hat is a powerful sorcerer."

"It's only a matter of time before he strikes again," said George.

"It's the waiting that's worse," said Brigitte. "I mean, when will he strike?"

Now was the time, as the five of them vanished and reappeared outside the Nexus dome.