Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One

The next morning Adam rose and found Malcolm lying on top of his bed with his clothes still on, sleeping peacefully. The boy had taken his boots off this time and put them at the end of his bed. Adam saw Malcolm wore no socks. They were obviously unknown in the Middle Ages.

At breakfast Clifford Watt shouted across the dining room, "Brodie, you'll never see your brother again and what happened to him will happen to you."

Adam was about to go over there and start a fight when Brigitte stopped him.

"That's what he wants, to get a rise out of you. He's a jerk, now forget him."

"He knows about my brother vanishing."

"We all do, we all know Jake is missing."

"No but he knows where Jake has gone."

"He wants you to think that. He hasn't a clue."

"I tried to get more information from the main computer," said the Bug. "All I could find out about Clifford Watt's father, the Dominator, is that he lives on a dark planet and nothing can be found out about it. I don't know if he's behind Jake's disappearance or not. I don't know why he would be, or what he could gain from making Jake vanish."

Adam went once more to a dimensional science lesson. He still thought the answer to his solving Jake's whereabouts relied on him learning this skill. Try as he might however he could not teleport himself anywhere. Lung watched patiently.

"You are trying too hard Adam," said the dragon.

"Can you do it?" said Adam.

"That is an impertinent question but yes."

As proof Lung appeared behind Adam. There were gasps from the other students.

"Now you do it."

Adam tried to relax. He was too wound up and too anxious to learn these skills. Adam took a deep breath and concentrated on the other end of the chamber. All of a sudden he was there.

"Again," said Lung.

Adam teleported to the opposite end of the chamber. Then he teleported about the chamber. An applause broke out among the students.

Malcolm punched the air. "Yes!" he cried.

"That is the end of the lesson," said Lung.

Suddenly the dragon was gone.