183

[Spade POV]

When I got that phone call from Jacob, I didn't take any extra time to ask questions. I know how bad Luca's panic attacks can be, and even though Jacob said he took his medicine for it already, I wanted to get there ASAP. I only grabbed my essentials and reasoned that I'd come back to get my other stuff when Luca's feeling better. I sped on the drive there, but not enough that I should've been pulled over. I was going like 15 over on all the backroads.

Looking back, I should've known that when Luca texted me, he was more upset than he let on. But, hindsight it 20/20. I pulled into the apartments, grabbed my stuff, locked my car, and walked up the stairs to their apartment. I unlocked the door and quietly stepped inside. I figured he was in their bedroom laying down because he still sometimes had an aversion to the couch. I set down all my stuff on the coffee table and walked back there, letting Pepper rub against my legs while I quietly opened the bedroom door. When the door opened, Luca quickly sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"You're okay, baby. It's just me," I assured him, kicking my shoes off.
" 'M sleepy..." He whined, relaxing his shoulders.
"I know. You want me to lay with you?" I asked.
"Yeah," He mumbled.
"Can I take my jeans off, baby? I'll put sweatpants on," I asked, hoping he didn't mind because, God, it's so uncomfortable to do anything other than stand and walk in jeans. He nodded a little and stretched.
"I don't even have pants on," Luca mumbled, making me smile a little as I unbuttoned and stripped down my jeans. I had every intention of stealing a pair of sweatpants from Jacob's drawers, but Luca started whining for me.
"Spade," He whined, reaching for me.
"Baby, I took my pants off. Hang on," I said, making him pout.
"I don't care if you don't have any," He softly told me. So I sighed and decided it would be easier to just hold him already.

I climbed under the covers with him, letting him cuddle up to me before I started rubbing his back. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep once he stopped trying to fight the medicine. So, I texted Jacob the most recent update.

'He's sleeping now. When I got here, he was already half asleep. Not to brag or anything, but he didn't want me to wear my pants while I laid down with him'- Spade

'Damn, sounds like you're the new favorite. Fuck me, I guess'- Jacob

'I'll fuck you. Don't worry about that,'- Spade

'As funny as that is, I have to stop texting like this. The command here is gonna take it seriously 💀'- Jacob

'Boooooo. I guess I'll let you sleep then'- Spade

[Luca POV]

The next day, I woke up still drowsy from my medicine. But I woke up to good news.
"Jacob's academy has a day where we can visit him," Spade told me while I cut up my fruit. Since the hydroxozine was still working its way out of my system, I was struggling to process what he said. So I blankly stared at him for a couple of seconds.
"What day?" I asked after finally realizing what he said.
"Today," he answered, smiling.
"We're gonna go see him?" I asked, smiling huge when he nodded.
"Go get dressed. We have to leave in a little bit cause of the drive," He told me. So, I instantly shot up and hurried to go change from my pajamas.

I changed into black shorts that Jacob said he loved and a blue tank top. I thought I actually looked cute today, but I wanted assurance from Spade.
"Spade, do I look okay?" I asked, stepping out of the bathroom and into the guest bedroom where he was putting on socks.
"You look better than okay. You look great, hun," He told me, making me giggle and stim.
"You wanna put your hair up? It's supposed to be pretty warm," He advised me. I shook my head a little before kissing his cheek and going to put on deodorant a second time just in case I stunk. I also put on my locket necklace. I just felt like I should wear it today. I grabbed my chapstick before slipping my socks and shoes on.