Chapter 3

*Shion's pov*

As soon as Nezumi was gone and I was up in my room, I fell down on my bed. I buried my face into my pillow, letting the tears leave my eyes and soak my pillow. I hiccuped through the sobs. I was partly crying because of all the looks. All those people looking at me like I was some sort of... Of abomination.
As for the other part, I was crying because of someone actually accepting me. Then my mind figured it'd be fun to twist things around.

What if this kid was just using me. To get close me, know my secrets. To then leave me behind and make fun of me. I happened before. These thoughts only made me cry more. I buried my face deeper into my pillow, making sure that no one could hear me.

I wished Safu was here, right now. She's accept me. Though I didn't want her to see me cry. And maybe I was wrong, maybe Nezumi wasn't using me. It didn't look like it.

I liked how he was treating me now. I liked his silky, black hair, tied together in a bun. I liked the look of his grey eyes. How coldly he looked, but was acting nice. And the little smile he had given me. It was so cute. I smiled into my pillow.

My head jerked up as soon as I realized, my cheeks heating up. I shook my head and went to take a shower.

I was helping my mother with dinner. We were making spaghetti.

"So how was your first day of school? Not as bad as you thought?"

"Better than expected." I muttered under my breath. Karan laughed an giving me an I-told-you-so look. I rolled my eyes.

"So I went there." She said. "To come pick you up."

I stopped doing what I was doing. I guess I forgot to inform my mom I she didn't have to pick me up. "Sorry."

"It's okay, Shion. As long as he doesn't hurt you, it's fine by me."

At this point my cheeks felt to be in fire. I made sure my back was facing my mom so she wouldn't see my face. Why was blushing like this?

After dinner, after we'd talked some more, I went back upstairs to work on my homework. At least as much as I could.

When I left the bakery the next morning, I didn't except Nezumi to stand next to the door. I froze as I saw him.

"Nezumi?" I asked. He turned around and looked into my eyes. "What are you-"

"I came to make sure you wouldn't get lost on the way to school." He cut me off. I smiled at him and he pushed himself away from the wall he was leaning against, and started walked. I quickly followed behind him.

The school day went by pretty quick. Most of the time I tried not to be offended by the looks I got or by what some people were saying. I tried to keep my eyes locked on the back of Nezumi's neck, as he was walking in front of me.

The rest of the week went by pretty quick. I spent almost all of my time with Nezumi, unless I was at home, or we had different classes.

It all seemed to be going fine. Until on Tuesday the next week, Nezumi said he couldn't walk home with me, because he had some stuff to do. I figured it's be fine. Well, I was so damn wrong.

Not far after I left school, I was grabbed by the back of my shirt and thrown to the side, against a wall. I fell on the ground, but quickly pulled myself up. There were three guys standing in front of me. They were all smirking down at me.

"Look at that freak." One guy with short brown hair said.

"I don't think my eyes can handle that." Another one said. He also had brown hair, but it was messier. And he was taller than the other guys.

"Maybe we should show him what happens to ugly boys." The third guy said. He had blonde hair, which just covered his ears. All three of them laughed as I just stood there, watching them with wide eyes. I didn't know what to do. I never did. I looked to my left and saw a little gap. Just as I was about to move, one of the guys punched my in my face. I fell back a little and hit the back of my head against the wall, not too hard though.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

~~~.~~~
I'm so so so so so sorry for not updating... Please forgive me.. I've got a lot of stuff on my mind and I'm terrible at updating, due to that I'm not sure where I'm going with this story. Though I don't want to give up yet. So I'll try to update faster.

But thank you all for the likes and reads and all the comments. It really means a lot to me ^.^