Chapter 4

*Shion's pov*

"Where the hell do you think you're going."

Although I didn't hit the wall that hard, my head was hurting pretty bad. The ache started at the back of my head, where I hit the wall, but slowly crept further into my head. It brought a ringing sound with it. The kind of sound you hear when it's too quiet, but louder and more painful.

I had fallen to the ground, my legs too weak to hold my weight at the impulse. I looked up at the three guys. They had already come closer, making sure there weren't any gaps this time. I felt my eyes sting and tried to blink it away, but that only cause the tears to leave my eyes. I sat there on the ground, waiting for someone to come save me. Anyone. Or Nezumi.

Pathetic. It was indeed pathetic. I was crying on the floor like a little child, no clue to what I should do. What I can do. I closed my eyes and waited for the punches.

A hand grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me to my feet. Too rough and too fast. The pain in my head increased majorly and I almost cried out. Instead I groaned loudly and fresh tears covered my cheeks. My eyes shot open as the tall guy picked me up.

"Freaks like you belong in hell." The blond said and the tall one connected his clenched fist with my cheek. More pain throbbed through my head, if that was even possible.

"And little shits like you belong in hell too."

That voice. I immediately smiled at that angelic sound. Though my smile faded quickly as I was being thrown on the floor, falling like a sack of potatoes. My vision was getting blurry, but I was too stunned of what was happening to give a damn.

The small brown haired guy attacked first, being pushed onto the floor with some ninja attack. Before he could stand up, Nezumi turned him on his back, holding the boy's arm in an uncomfortable way against his back. I was sure he was going to break it. That was until Tall Guy pushed him off of Small Guy and wrapped his arms around Nezumi's chest, holding him tight. The blond one walked up to them, ready to punch Nezumi in his face. Tho before he could do that, a foot landed in his stomach, sending him backwards, landing on his butt. Nezumi twisted his body and freed himself from the guy's grip on him. He kicked the guy in his chest, making him bend down a little. Enough for Nezumi to kick him in the face. The guy fell to the ground.

The blond was ready to attack Nezumi from behind, holding out a knife. Nezumi knew better and spun around, grasping the kid's wrist and turning it, stealing the knife from him. He wanted to punch Nezumi with his other hand, but failed and got sliced in the cheek. It didn't seem like a deep cut, since there wasn't much blood, but enough for him to freak out and run away. Nezumi stood ready, full in his fighting position as the small guy stood in front of Nezumi, holding a gun in his hands. The tall guy was standing up too, now. It all went so fast. Nezumi had so much fight in his eyes, as if he was ready to take down the world. He then charged at the small boy.

My vision went black and before I lost consciousness, I heard a gunshot.

~~.~~

When I woke up, I was moving. I blinked a few times and then looked up. His grey eyes were facing straight ahead. He had a black eye and his bottom lip had a small cut. My head was resting on his upper arm. One of his hands was supporting my legs and the other one was supporting my torso.

I shifted slightly at the pain in my head and face. His eyes moved down to mine and he smiled softly. I shifted a bit more, pulling myself up and wrapping an arm around his neck, so his arms wouldn't have to hold all of my weight.

Nezumi turned his head to me, our faces too close to each other. He looked me directly in the eyes and I swear I had never wanted to kiss someone this badly. I felt my cheeks hear up at the thought. His eyes fell back on the path as he stumbled a bit. Though I swear I saw some pink dusted cheeks.