Chapter VIII

◇◇◇

This chapter is dedicated to Intolorent, cbell_03 and KirstyJ14. Thank you for voting! And thank you also to all those who vote consistently!

◇◇◇

/ e i g h t /

I opened the door to see the pack doctor fumbling through papers. She looked at us and adjusted her glasses. She cleared her throat and started talking.

"I'm sorry but your parents are not gonna wake up for a few months, as we assume. We are still checking on them because we don't know what was injected in them."

"Who do you think did this?" I asked very near to crying. I didn't know if my parents will live through this.

"The beta, Jackson, smelled a foreign scent that is not a member of our pack. So, it may either be a rogue or a wolf from another pack." She quickly said nervously. My wolf was immediately raged.

"Then what the hell are the people doing?! Or are they not doing anything at all to help?-"

"We are doing everything we co-"

"STOP BULLSHITTING ME. IF YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING, YOU COULD'VE PROBABLY FOUND INFORMATION NOW." I shouted as I can feel my wolf, Sofee, take over. My eyes turning violet from my usual green eyes.

Axle came up to me and tried to calm me down. Sofee eventually gave in and calmed down. My eyes returned to its green color. I looked at the pack doctor, Merin, and she looked very scared. I immediately felt regret.

"I'm sorry Merin, it's just...this is all messed up." I said to her quickly sitting down while massaging my forehead. Axle sat down next to me and placed his arm on my shoulder.

"Are you okay? If you want to, we can go and deal with this tomorrow." Axle whispered to me. "No, I can do this." I answered him quickly standing up.

"I want to see my parents."

◇◇◇

As Merin guided us to the room where my parents were staying at, the first thing I saw were my parents lying on separate beds but placed together. I couldn't help the tears that came out from my eyes.

Axle squeezed my hand and I looked at him teary eyed. He smiled at me and I faced my parents not even bothering to do anything in response.

I rushed to them letting go of Axle's hand on the way. I hugged them both so tight.

"Can you please leave me here for a few minutes. I want to be alone with them." I said plea showing through my eyes. I wanted to say a lot of things to my parents that I didn't get the chance to when they were conscious.

"Okay. I'll check back at you in a few minutes. Stay strong baby." Axle said as he kissed my forehead with the last statement and went out with Merin scurrying at his back. I placed a chair next to them and sat down. Tears fighting to come out of my eyes.

"Hey mom and dad." I croaked at them holding mom's hand. Tears were slowly forming in my eyes already.

"I'm sorry that I didn't get to call you everyday and check on you." I said choking.

"What kind of child am I?" I laughed dryly, tears falling onto my cheeks

"I didn't deserve you as my parents. I've taken you guys for granted." By now I was crying so hard that breathing was so hard for me.

"Thank you for everything mom and dad. I don't know whether you can hear me. I don't even know if you both will still be awake for you to see your grandchild." I wiped my tears, laughing at myself dryly I then continued, "Please wake up now and tell me everything is gonna be alright." I just looked at them and they didn't even move. I just cried more and let out everything that I wanted to say.

"Mom and dad I'm afraid. I'm falling for Axle day by day. He's so easy to love. I'm afraid that he'll break my heart just like what Keith did. I'm really confused as to what I'm gonna do. What if he breaks my heart and leave me for a more beautiful girl? Will he still like me when I'm fat or old? I'm praying that he will but I'm doubting myself. He deserves someone better.

But I love him already." I whispered the last part taking in a breath and wiping my tears. I laid my head on the bed.

"Please wake up. The pack needs you." I said my voice breaking.

"I-I need you." I said looking at them and letting out all of my tears. I just cried and cried. My heart felt heavy, surely my eyes are red and puffy.

"I love you mom and dad. Please wake up for me." I whispered kissing their knuckles.

I couldn't take the sight of them laying there like they're dead. Taking each breath was like a stab in my heart.

"I will find out who did this and I will kill them, I promise." I said walking out of the room. I would do anything for them.

I held my chin up and wiped the tears away with the back of my hand. I will be strong, for them.

◇◇◇

Me and Axle stayed at my pack in my parents house. I talked to the pack members in a meeting about the condition of my parents and that Jackson (the Beta) will take over temporarily. I trust him because he is dad's bestfriend.

I've investigated around the area and did smell the foreign scent that Jackson was saying he smelled too, even though it is faint. I've checked out my parents email and everything just to see who they were last with, just in case. Through all of that Axle was just staying by my side.

"Axle you could go check up on your pack. You don't have to be with me 24/7. Your pack needs you more Axle." I said glancing at him while checking through the papers that my parents signed recently.

"What's more important than you?" Axle asked watching me with a smile on his face.

Not gonna lie but what he said actually made my day. I couldn't help but grin behind the papers that I was looking through.

◇◇◇

/ n o t e /

I'm sorry that it took long for me to update it's the last day until our semestral break and they're giving a lot of things to do. Hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think!

 Tell me what you think!