Chapter XIV

◇◇◇

First of all MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! And also I'm sorry :(

This chapter is dedicated to DisasterChick, carolward, trinpin and PearlMollet, thank you for voting guys! I really do appreciate it!

◇◇◇

/ f o u r t e e n /

After the party ended and we said our  goodbyes to everyone and to Lucas especially. We were currently inside the car, driving home because we're both exhausted, mentally and physically.

"Hey Axle." I said trying to catch his attention but he didn't even glance at me. I know that he's driving and all but he can't even spare me a glance?

"Hey!" Still no response.

"Axle." I prolonged his name while shaking his shoulders. He just shrugged my hand off. My wolf was going nuts.

Why is mate not noticing us?!

I don't know! Ugh... I am acting like a crazy girlfriend right now.

'Control yourself' I said to myself.

Control?! How can I be in control when mate is mad at us!

I ignored my wolf's rant and looked at the view through the window. I can't even think straight. Why is he mad at me? I don't remember doing anything that can possibly be the reason as to why he is mad at me, honestly.

Maybe he's in his period? Men can't have period, what am I talking about? Maybe I stepped on his foot once and I didn't say sorry? I SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW.

I kept moving in my seat. I can't even sit still. Is he gonna reject me? Oh my gosh. My wolf is whimpering already- she is trying to break free. Suddenly the car is feeling too small and it was suddenly hot and humid inside. I started scratching the seatbelt that was constraining me.

My wolf is trashing inside me, it's struggling to break free to ask Axle as to why he is mad.

Talk to him!

I looked at Axle and his jaw tightened.  I felt frightened. As if when I talk to him he's gonna reject me. I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Axle?" I barely squeaked it out. His jaw tightened more as if it was possible anymore but it did and he stopped the car at the red light.

"Why are you mad?" I nervously asked. My wolf was fighting to hug her mate and comfort him, to make everything okay.

"Nothing." He said seriously. His face says otherwise. I know it's not 'nothing', Axle doesn't get mad at me like this. He usually gets over it very fast but I'm getting a different aura from this one. It was like his wolf was the one in control.

The stoplight went green again and he jerked the car forward hitting the turbo. Is he trying to get us killed? What the hell.

"Axle stop!" I shouted at him. We were going way above the speed limit. I gripped the side of the car tightly. My mind was going in overdrive and I can't help but hyperventilate.

I felt as if he just went faster than before. I held the side of the car tighter, my knuckles are probably white. I screamed so loud. I was already crying.

I looked at Axle with wide eyes and It felt like everything slowed down. I turned my head infront and saw that we were on sand now. We're heading straight to the ocean. I have a phobia of drowning. The feeling of knowing you're lungs are being filled with water, leaving you no room for air. The darkness of the ocean envelopes you. Painfully and slowly killing you. It makes me itch.