Chapter XII

◇◇◇

Read the author's note at the end.

◇◇◇

/ t w e l v e /

"Hey, hey, wake up beautiful." Someone said poking me and I groaned and rolled to the other side in reply. A few minutes passed by atleast I think so. Someone was licking me now, I opened my eyes about to lecture someone as to why they're licking me but I opened my eyes to see OREO! I immediately laughed when he started licking me all around my face.

I started petting Oreo whilst roaming my eyes around the room looking for Axle but he wasn't here so I have taken the adult decision to stand up and start my day already at 10:00 am instead of cuddling with Oreo and sleeping some more.

But then I realized something, TODAY IS THE MASQUERADE BALL FOR THE ALPHA KING. I quickly scurried off to the connected bathroom in our room, the tiles were incredibly cold and I almost scolded myself for not wearing my fluffy panda slippers.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I returned to our room and tried to find a hair tie. I then tied my hair into a bun, probably looking messed up.

I carried Oreo and went to the kitchen, still not seeing Axle around. I gathered Oreo's bowl and placed his dog food there with water in another bowl.

"Eat up sweetie." I said placing down both bowls and heard someone entering through the front door. I turned around and saw Axle carrying grocery bags still wearing his jogging attire, and damn did he look mighty fine in that attire. I am so lucky.

"Well good morning beautiful." Axle said placing down the grocery bags and hugging me after while kissing my forehead. "Good morning." I smiled at him while hugging him back. He then crouched down beside Oreo and petted him. "Good morning to you too Mr.Oreo." Axle is honestly too cute in the morning.

◇◇◇

Axle cooked bacon and eggs, simple but tasty and matched it with some orange juice. While eating we talked about random stuffs with Oreo standing up and placing his front paws on my thigh having this 'Please give me food' look but I had to resist because this food is not for him.

Axle cleaned up the table and I washed the dishes by then it was 1:00, the party will be starting at seven.

After lounging around and playing games Axle needed to get the dress. I fully regret that I didn't even glance at the damned thing before I agreed with anything.

I trust Axle, hopefully enough or else he'll be sleeping on the couch, even though it's technically his house. I fully blame the bitch that was flirting with him, seriously.

I was still playing games when I heard keys jingling and Axle entered holding the dress covered with a black plastic. I immediately abandoned whatever I was playing and was about to grab the dress from Axle's hand but he swatted my hand away.

"Owwww." I said rubbing my hand. "Let me see." I said as I pouted at him with my puppy dog eyes.

"Not until later. I want you to be..." He paused trying to find a word "Surprised!" He said with jazz hands. I just groaned and rolled my eyes in reply. I walked it off and went straight back to playing while unconsciously smiling at the TV screen.

He is such an ass.

Good thing he's mine.

◇◇◇