Chapter Nine - Drive

One week later
Katniss POV

"Katniss are you ready yet?" I hear Peeta shout from the car.

"Yeah babe I'm just coming!" I shout back, today is the first day of the roadtrip, which I can't wait for, we should be on the road for about 3 weeks, staying in hotels in different towns, we're even going to Coachella - the music festival, I can't believe we're actually going, Finnick has thought of everything!

Me and Peeta have been staying at Annie's for the past week. I can't face going home and honestly, I don't want too, I'll never forgive mum and dad for what they did. I've spoken to Prim every night on the phone though, she keeps asking well I'll be coming home and how am I meant to tell her I don't ever want too. So I just say, "Soon little duck, when everything settles down"

We're all in the car now, some of our group couldn't come on the trip, so we've got - me, Peeta, Finnick, Annie, Delly, Gale and Cato. Gale was upset that Madge couldn't come but she said to go anyway and have fun. He also invited his friend, Johanna to come because there was 7 of us and apparently Finnick needed even numbers for some reason.

First stop on our roadtrip is California, for Coachella, I've already got my outfit picked out, I was that excited the day after Finnick told me we were going, I dragged Peeta into every shop to find the perfect one.

We're all staying in hotel rooms the night before then going to Coachella the next day, there's going to be so so so many singers there that I can't wait to see. I'm feeling quite tired so I put in my headphones, listening to Troye Sivan's new album, snuggling up to Peeta and I fall into a peaceful sleep.

Next thing I know I'm being kissed, I'm alarmed at first, then I recognise the lips and start kissing back, smiling into it. We both pull back, having to get some air, as I open my eyes I see those beautiful blue ones, I love so much. I then look around the car and see we're the only ones left in here. "We're not at the hotel yet, the group wanted to stop for some food but you were still asleep so I stayed here to wake you" Peeta tells me.

"Aw I really can't be bothered m-" just as I'm about to finish my sentence Peeta holds up a McDonalds bag, "bothered moving? I thought so. So I just went in while Annie waited here with you and got us both some food to eat in the car." He hands me the bag and smiles, God I didn't think I could love Peeta anymore than I did, but this just tops everything off.

"Thank you" I say and lean into kiss him again, as our lips meet, I feel fireworks and I can't help but feel this, hunger inside me. I move over so I'm now sitting on Peeta's lap, it's when his hands move over my butt, I moan, then he pulls away, ugh I was enjoying that, a lot. "Katniss, we're in a car" he chuckles. "Ugh fine" I say back, I then press my lips right to his ear and whisper "Later" and pull back smirking.

♡♡♡

This is more of a filler chapter

The next chapter will be more exciting because they're going to COACHELLA

Oh my god, I've always wanted to go to Coachella, it looks so so amazing 🍂

I hope you all like this book so far!