Chapter Twenty Nine - Really?

Katniss POV

"I'm so sorry" I say through my tears, "I don't even remember it or him I just-" but I'm cut off by Peeta smiling, "Why the hell would you be smiling at something like this?"

"Because," Peeta reaches into his back pocket and pulls out my ring, wait, my ring?

"Oh my god" I step forward so my chest is inches from his, "How have you got this?"

"Let's just say you're a really good kisser when your drunk" Peeta laughs.

"Wait it was you I kissed?" I question, a smile creeping up on my face.

"Of course it was, you really don't remember you calling me from that pizza place?"

"That was you too?"

Peeta nods, "So wait, can you tell me what happened?" I ask him

"Of course"

Flashback to last night
Peeta POV

"Okay we need to hurry this up" I shout to Finnick.

"You know Peeta it's very fucking rude to shout at someone who is missing out on drinking for this!" He shouts back, making me laugh.

I'm about to respond when my phone goes of from my pocket and I see Katniss' name, immediately answer and I hear her voice from the other end, "Hey" she shouts down the phone, clearly drunk.

"Hey baby, having a good time?" I ask her.

"The best although I'm really missing Peeta" Katniss answers back, I'm not entirely sure she knows it's me on the other end off the phone.

"I'm missing you too babe"

"No I'm missing Peeta" she says back with an annoyed voice, okay she doesn't know it's me.

"Peeta's missing you too" I say back, trying to hold back my laugh.

"That's nice" she says back with love in her voice. I then hear her talking to someone else and it's like she's getting told to hurry up. She then tells me where she's going and wants to me to meet her there.

I decide to go, so I say bye to Finnick and head to the bar she told me to go to.

When I get there it's quite quiet apart from the hen party in the corner, of course. I walk over to them and I see Katniss turn around and her face lights up.

She runs over to me and jumps up, wrapping her legs around my waist, "It's my fiancé!" She shouts, making everyone laugh. She pulls me away from the group and starts kissing me aggressively.

We pull away for breath but Katniss is quickly going back in for another kiss and she's starting to pull my shirt up but I pull away and take her hands, "What is it with you, getting drunk and wanting me to strip" I ask her, adding a laugh on at the end.

"You're just so hot" she replies before going for my shirt again, but her ring suddenly falls off her finger, we both lean down to get it, but I pick it up first. Katniss tries to get it back but I place it in my pocket, "I think I'll hold onto this for now baby" I say her.

"But I feel so naked" she says while holding her hand up, showing her ring less finger but then her face turns into a smirk, "Back to my original point, you get naked" she goes to reach for my shirt again but I spin her around and start tickling her, both of us laughing.

Present time
Katniss POV

"Really?" I ask Peeta.

"Really baby" he says back and pulls me close to him and kisses me gently on the lips.

"Now are you going to get ready for our Rehearsal Dinner so you are one step closer to being my wife?" Peeta asks.

"Yes" I say and give him one last kiss before going upstairs to get changed.

***

I'm just grabbing my clutch when Peeta wraps his arms around my waist, "Before we go to the dinner I need to take you somewhere" he says while resting his head on my shoulder.

"Okay where are we going?"

"You'll see" is all he says before pulling me out the house.

***

We pull up at the hotel we're getting married in and I give him a confused look but Peeta just smiles leads me through the doors. We go through to one of the rooms and I'm amazed.

The whole room has been decorated. There are about 12 circle tables with white table clothes over them and the chairs surrounding the table are white with a black ribbon, typed into a bow at the back. There's a main table with the same type of decorations but instead of being circle tables it's one straight table, over looking the room. There's black, white and red balloons in little bunches around the room. The detail on the tables and the walls are incredible and I turn to Peeta with wide eyes.

"You did this?" I question, he smiles and comes up beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Yeah I did it last night while you were out doing whatever you were doing" Peeta replies.

"So this is how you spent your last night of freedom?"

"I just want to make you happy so of course"

"I love you" I say with a smile.

"I love you too" Peeta says back before bringing his lips to mine.