Chapter Sixteen - I hate you

The next morning
Katniss POV

I wake up the next morning reaching my arm out thinking I'd come in contact with Peeta's arm only to come in contact with air. He's not back. He must've really slept with her, I still had hope that he didn't, that he was trying to get back at me for hurting him, but he really wanted to hurt me and he has.

"Morning!" The rest of the group shouts as they barge into my room, I groan, God I really need to lock that door. "Why are you so moany brainless?" Johanna asks me.

"Yeah perk up!" Annie starts, "it's Valentine's Day!"

Oh great, in all of this I'd forgotten about this shit day, "Guys I'm not in the mood today" I say.

"Oh why? Peeta fuck you up the wrong way?" Cato says laughing.

Tears spring to my eyes, "No actually we broke up" I shout over all of them. That shut them up.

"Oh my god" Delly says and comes over to hug me, "why did you break up babe? You two were clearly in love and I finally thought you had found your happiness?"

This makes the tears fall, "He cheated on me" I say, breaking down. I hear several gasps and Finnick runs out the room.

Peeta POV

I wake up with he sound of a loud bang and I see its Finnick, "GOD FINNICK" I shout at him, "I've got a sore head!"

"You'll have a sore everywhere in a minute! You cheated on Katniss!" He screams back at me, wait when did I.... Oh.

That's when I explain everything to him. I didn't actually cheat on Katniss I was really really drunk last night and I wanted to hurt her like she hurt me. I found a random girl and asked her to pretend that we were gonna have sex. I would never cheat on Katniss, I love her. I just wanted to hurt her, but then she said we were over and she hated me, I came right back here and crashed at Finnick and Annie's for the night. I cried myself to sleep.

Finnick still seems angry at this and tells me I better tell Katniss and make it up to her. I should never have done it. I mean why would I even want to hurt her? I need to tell her right away.

I jump up and stumble out the door headed for my room. My heads still spinning which is a sign I was really drunk, I take my room key out my pocket and let myself in.

I see Katniss sitting putting her makeup on and I go over to her. I go to touch her shoulder which makes her eyes fully open in alarm and she shoots up, slapping my hand away, "Don't you ever fucking touch me!" She screams at me, "You can't ever touch me again!" Her voice sounds weak, rough, like she's been crying all night.

"Katniss listen i didn't-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Don't you even start! I don't care that you didn't mean it! I don't care that you were drunk! You still fucked some stupid slut last night and all because I didn't want to move to this stupid city!"

"Katniss stop" I say on the verge of tears.

"No Peeta! I hate you, i fucking hate you!" Katniss screams, "I'll never forgive you for this!"

That's when she comes over and starts punching my chest, "I hate you!" She screams and begins to push me out the door with the punches. The tears are falling down my face now, but I don't try to hold her back because I deserve it. Before she's about to slam the door she says one last thing, "I wish I never met you at that club two years ago."

Katniss slams the door and I hear her crying from the other side of it. That's when my heart breaks in two and one memory comes to mind, a memory I will never forget.

Flashback / Katniss and Peeta meeting / two years ago
Peeta POV

"Hey man!" Finnick shouts over the music as he puts his hand on my shoulder. I'm the only one not drinking tonight as I'm the driver, "Hey Finnick, you okay?" I chuckle because he looks very drunk and Finnick drunk is hilarious. "I'm better than okay! I just met this gorgeous red head and guess what," he nudges me, "she has friends!" I laugh as he drags me over to meet them.

One of them catches my eye immediately, wow she's beautiful, she's got dark brown hair that's curled at the ends and it's loosely pinned back at the front so you can see her face, light makeup so you can see she's a natural beauty and the hottest body I've ever seen, covered by a short black dress. I quickly introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Peeta" I say to her, extending my hand.

"I'm-" but she's cut off by a red head who's got Finnick's arm around her.

"Katniss!" She shouts. Making both of us laugh.

"Katniss" she repeats and her hand meets mine, I feel a tingly feeling, she's suddenly pushed towards me as a group of girls push their way past everyone. It's then when I meet her eyes, a flawless grey colour, I look down at her lips and see she's smiling.

We spend the rest of the night talking, laughing, I learn she goes to the same high school as me and I get her number, but never once does my eyes leave hers.

Turns out she was the driver for her friends too so when she gets back to her car I lean in and give her a hug, as we pull back I find my eyes have travelled to her lips, she seems to be thinking the same thing as we both lean in.

I feel like we're the only people there. All our friends that were once shouting on us have vanished, we pull back and I see she has a massive smile on her face, "I guess I'll see you around, Peeta" Katniss says and jumps in her car.

I get home and go to sleep smiling, thinking about this girl Katniss Everdeen, one girl I'll never forget.