Chapter Twenty Six - Save the dates

2 weeks later
Katniss POV

I wake up with a smile as I feel Peeta's thumb stocking my forehead gently, I screw my eyes shut and rub them with my hands. I then open my eyes to those incredible blue ones, "Good morning fiancé" I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Good morning beautiful" he says and then he plants a kiss on my nose, making me giggle. I sit up from the bed and climb on top of Peeta. I push my hair back from my face and hold it while I lean down and kiss his lips.

Peeta places his hands on my hips and strokes them gently while I smile into the kiss.

When we pull away I fall back onto the bed and Peeta snuggles into neck and wraps an arm around my stomach, "Ive been thinking" he starts.

"Yeah?" I say then he plants a kiss on my neck which causes a smile to come to my face.

"What date do you want to have the wedding?" I smile even bigger now. I turn to the side so I'm now facing Peeta, his hand still around my waist.

"We're getting married!" I whisper, happily.

"We are" he says back. He leans forward and gives me a light kiss on the lips.

"I don't know, when were you thinking?" I ask when we break apart.

"I was thinking October 26th" Peeta suggests.

I give him a confused face, "Why?"

He lets out a little laugh, "October 26th is the day I met you"

"No I met you on the 16th of November"

"No, that's when we had our first date, i met you 3 weeks before that."

"Oh yeah" I say back, I then feel Peetas hands sneak up my top.

"You're so forgetful" he says before he starts tickling me.

"No no no no no no" I say between sequels, he climbs on top of me, I try to push him off but he's too strong so I do the only thing I can think off. I put my acting skills to the test, I screw my eyes up and change my smile to a scowl.

Peeta immediately stops so I take my chance, I wrap my legs around his middle and push him over so I'm on top of him. I grab his arms and pin them down to the bed.

"Hey!" He says and I smirk, I don't say anything back I just bring my lips to his neck and start to trail kisses down it. Peeta tilts his head back, giving me more access. As soon as he moans I climb off him and go into the bathroom to wash my face.

"Katniss!" He shouts.

"Sorry babe, that's karma!" I shout back, laughing.

"I'm not cooking you breakfast then!"

My eyes widen, "You're bluffing" I stand at the door and see Peeta sit up in the bed.

"And how would you know that?" He replies.

"Because you love me" I say and skip over to the end of the bed.

"Ugh you're right" he says, making us both laugh. He leans forward and grabs my waist, making me fall on top of him.

I adjust myself so I'm more comfortable lying on top of him, "Where were we?" Peeta says before he brings his lips to mine.

A couple hours later

"Babe come here!" I shout through to Peeta as he's through in the kitchen and I'm sitting on the couch, on my laptop.

Peeta comes through and stands beside me.

"What about these for our wedding invitations?" I ask, showing him.

( I stole Aspyn + Parkers / the youtubers / invites and re did them the best I could 😂 also that's my insta watermark on it 😂 )

"I love it!" Peeta says, "why don't we print one off and see how it looks?"

"Great idea" I say and send one to the printer in one of our spare rooms.

He goes up to get it and 5 minutes later comes back down. He gives me it and I just stand and look at it. I can't believe we're actually getting married, it all feels like a dream.

"So it's really happening" Peeta says as he wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my shoulder.

"Yup" I reply, I turn around and smile at him, "I love you" I say and he returns this sentiment. Peeta goes back through to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner while I take a picture of the invite for Instagram.

After a couple of minutes I get a good picture and I have to say, it looks very artsy.

I go on VSCO Cam and apply an effect, fix the brightness and contrast then post it.

@katnisseverdeen - Wedding planning 💍

@c_a_t_o - I better be getting one!

@xmadgeux - oh my god - GOALS

@glimmershines - I'm so happy for you both 💗

@anniecresta - so perfect! Congratulations again!

I smile and put my phone down and go through to the kitchen.

I lean on the kitchen door and watch as Peeta cooks, God how did I get so lucky. He turns around and smirks when he sees me watching him.

I smile back before he breaks the silence, "Let the wedding planning begin" he says.

I let out a little laugh before replying, "Yes! Roll on October 26th"