Chapter Twenty - A new place to call home

5 days later
Katniss POV

"Come on baby, you need to get some sleep" Peeta tells me. We're currently in the car going back home, this roadtrip has been amazing but I'm excited to get home, well to go to our new home.

"Fine" I reply with a smile, I put my head on Peeta's shoulder and close my eyes.

Dream

"Peeta" I laugh, "where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon, turn here" Peeta replies.

"You know I'm standing her it's a blindfold on and you dragging me by my hands to a unknown place, this could look very dodgy."

"Well we're here now" he says as he takes the blindfold off and I'm amazed by what I see , it's the house. The beautiful house I've admired ever since I was a little girl.

"You know one day we're going to live here, me and you" Peeta states.

"You've got to be kidding me, I mean this house is my dream but no one would ever buy it for me, plus I'm too impossible to live with."

"I would love to live with you, imagine waking up together, cooking together, well me cooking," he laughs, " going to sleep together" Peeta finishes with a smirk, I playfully punch him.

"I'm going to look around" I say to him.

This house is beyond my dreams, I want this to be my future house and lastly I've realised I want Peeta to be my future. I've never wanted to get married or have kids but Peeta makes me think different. He makes me feel safe and wanted.

I'm brought out my thoughts by Peeta wrapping his arms around my waist, "I promise you, Katniss Everdeen, that one day I, Peeta Mellark, will buy you this house. We'll live together and be happy, I'll make you happy and I'll never hurt you." Peeta says.

I turn around so I'm facing him, "You promise?" I ask

"I promise" Peeta replies back, "come on"

"Oh where are we going now"

"Just downstairs come on!"

When we reach downstairs Peeta goes to his phone and plugs the speakers in, he puts on the song, "Fast Car by Tracy Chapman" I love this song, i call it our song because it's one of the first songs we ever danced too.

We start spinning around the room, his hands on my waist and my arms around his neck. I'm smiling and I can't stop, I lean in and kiss him, my hips still swaying to the music, "I love you" I say to Peeta, I rest my head on his chest as we continue to move to the music, "I love you too" he replies and we spend the rest of the night, smiling and laughing. Just like the first time we met.

Reality

I wake up with a smile on my face. I forgot about that day, I never thought it would come true though, I never thought Peeta would keep his promise, I started to think we wouldn't last. My parents were still on our case then and they were always telling me to break up with him.

"We're here!" Peeta shouts.

He steps out the car and I come out after, "We're home" he shouts again and lifts me up, spinning me around, making us both laugh. He sets me down and hands me my set of keys, I look to him, a massive smile taking over my face.

I go up to the front door and unlock it, oh my god, it's beautiful, just like I remembered. We have mountains of boxes all over the place and some things like the couch and the bed have been delivered because we ordered them the first time Peeta asked me to move in with him. We just changed it from New York to here.

"First things first," Peeta starts, "we need to paint!"

I roll my eyes, "Babe you need to paint, I can't paint for my life"

He dips the paint brush in the can of paint and comes over to me, I realise what he's going to do, "No Peeta, no no no" I start to run but he catches me and puts paint on my nose.

"Your going to regret that baby" I state, I grab a paint brush and paint a pink stripe across his top.

About 10 minutes later we're both covered in paint, we sit on a paint mat in the middle of our living room.

"So this is our new home" I say to him

"Yeah, I promised you remember" Peeta chuckles back.

"I just didn't think I'd ever leave home, or well, that place." I say back, looking down to the floor. Peeta tilts my chin up so I'm looking at him.

"Well this is a new place to call home" he smiles, "this is our home"