💧 ☔ 🌊

Your P. O. V.

"But, I'll need someone to help me, it could be a human, or a gorgeous and colorful Mermaid" He said while winking. - Is he seriously flirting? - I raised an eyebrow and swam a bit near him.

"Why would you want my help, huh? Are a demigod, right? So how a Mermaid could be useful for you?" I said and crossed my arms on top if my chest.

"Well, yeah, but, I don't feel I'll be able to do it all alone. If you want you can try with me?" He said while using a fin to scratch what seems to be his neck.

I thought about it, and sighed. "Fine, but I don't see how could I be helpful" He shrieked happily and turned into a shark. "Gosh, I think this would be hard to get used to" I muttered and followed him back to the shore. He was the first one to get out of the water, he turned back to his normal self, and I spotted something on his back. "Hey, Maui, uhhh... what's that on your back?" I asked curious, he turned around and TRIED to look at his back.

"I don't know what are you talking about" he said and shrugged.

I got out of the water and got my legs again. I stretched them a bit and walked towards him "Could, um, I see?" I asked shyly.

"Uh, why, yes" He said and turned his back at me. I looked closely, and saw a tattoo with a mini him holding his fish hook. And on top of it, I caught a small glimpse of another tattoo, but his hair - Well his hair is actually very smooth and pretty - I mentally scolded myself and removed his hair form the tattoo. Seeing it clearly, I felt bad, pretty bad. Someone that looked like a woman, and a baby, the baby was just thrown to the ocean. I retracted my hand and felt something slip from my cheeks, I grased it and felt something wet. I glanced at my hand, and saw the shiny tear. "Hey, you okay?" I lifted my gaze and saw Maui with a worried expression.

I nodded and wiped some glowing tears away. "This is weird too" I muttered and sniffed a bit.

"What? haven't you cried before?"He asked in disbelief.

"What? Of course I have, who do you think created the ocean? The gods? No, they didn't thought of that" I said. "Besides, it is difficult to see someone cry underwater"

I finished and he looked really concerned. "Wow, I-I... d-didn't know" He stuttered and scratched the back if his neck.

"Don't worry about it, fish seem to like it" I said while shrugging.

"But, who made you cry that much?" He asked and neared more couching to my level, he put his hand on my arm, and rubbed it gently.

I released a bitter chuckle "Who are the ones that hurt the ocean? , who are the ones that kill animals? , either for fun or for survival? , who are the ones that destroy the islands slowly?" I said and just stared at him, I know my eyes look dull, but I don't care. "But, look, they will never be happy, the gods had already given them a lot, but they still want more. So that's why I stopped trying to get their hearts"

"If, you don't want to answer this then don't. But, what did they do to you?" I shifted a bit and then glanced at the sky before sighing.

"Have you seen any other mermaids or tritons?" I asked while crossing my arms again. He shook his head sadly. "That's right... you haven't" My voice broke at the end, as more tears falled effortlessly from my eyes.

He wiped them away and cupped my cheeks, making me look at him. "I'm sorry... I wish I had done something to stop it" He finished, and trapped me into a hug. I didn't hug back at first, but gave in eventually. I couldn't resist but to cry my heart out, I've created the ocean out of depression, but found a way to hide it, looking at the stars every single night, thinking about my deceased friends. And maybe, ways I could have stopped it, or, ways I could bring then back. But...

what is life without death?