🏝

Your P. O. V.

Finally back to the so great ocean, I was starting to grew a bit sick of being a lot in land, it is not healthy for my Mermaid self. Besides it will take a while until we found an island, they are very scarce. "Hey, Tamatoa!" I called out, seeing how distracted he was with the tides.

"Huh? What is it?" He asked annoyed. - Bet he was having fun staring at the tides -

"Have you been out of the 'hole' before?" I asked, trying to not sound rude.

"Well... actually no, nor do I care" He answered, and crossed his claws under his head. - Don't lie, you're actually scared of what could happen to you outside - I wanted to argue, but that would be me revealing 'that' to Maui.

"Okay, fish, crab. We have been here for hours, care to at least tell me where do an island is?" Maui asked annoyed. Good thing he shared his wind power to the earth so he wouldn't be blowing all the time, if not he probably have been passed out by now. 

"Actually, hook boy, islands are scarce, and the nearest one is 5 hours away at this rate" I said, motioning to the massive ocean around. He huffed and rested his hand on his palm. "And it's kind of difficult to see one standing into this massive, dark water body" 

"Hmph... I see... scarce islands, and darkness all the time?" Maui muttered like if he got an idea. "Heh Heh, I know what we'll be doing now" He said and stood up facing the water. "If islands are scarce, what about if me make more?" He exclaimed, his tone was... really confident, like if he had the most brilliant idea in the world.

"What? I thought the dumb one was her, now I know is actually you" Tamatoa said, staring at Maui like if he was crazy. 

"Excuse me?" I yelled annoyed spinning wildly around. I glared at him making him back away a bit.

"Hey hey, stop it you two, I know how can I make my own island, just sit and watch"Maui said with a smug grin, looking at both of us before turning into a gigant hawk and started flying away. -Hey... this is the first time he doesn't just look at me... huh... bet he's changing? This feels wrong tho. What am I thinking, I'm not the only one making him company now. - I shook my head and the thought away. We watched Maui fly a bit away, growing curious on what his next move will be. He screeched and turned into a human again, falling.

"MAUI!" Both Tamatoa and me screamed. But I soon calmed down, forgot the fact he can turn into a fish... whoops. Tamatoa on the other hand was freaking out, he started rushing around the boat looking for something to use or do. 

I turned my gaze back to Maui and saw the way he threw his hook on the water. -What is he doing?! - Now I was freaking out with Tamatoa, I didn't know why he did what he did, but if he gets out of this I swear I'll order the ocean to- Wait... -I can help him with the ocean - "Ocean, please catch Maui" I said leaning on the edge of the boat. Then the ocean lifted from bellow Maui and caught him, but he yelled back.

"Help me get higher!" He yelled, but I barely made the words out. -What? Alright then?- 

"Um... do as he says?" I ordered unsure and saw the way the water got higher and higher. Tamatoa was scared and amazed at the same time, scared about the fact Maui was doing this, and amazed at the way he did his stuff, and also about my 'special' connection with the ocean. 

Maui made a weird movement like if he was pulling something, I thought he was nuts now. But then the tides started to get higher and the earth trembled. "Whoa, what is he doing?" I screeched and tried not to fall supporting myself with the mast.

Everything became clear, I saw a small rock peeking from the water, and it slowly started to grow. "What is that?" Tamatoa asked shocked.

"I... I-I think... he's actually taking an Island from the ocean" I stuttered out, making Tamatoa's eyes widen more than they where.

"Ehhhhhh?!" He screeched.

Maui quit pulling once the rock was huge now, well... it's an island now. The ocean returned back to its original state, and Maui returned flying. "Done~!" He purred, and leaned on the mast looking at our shocked expressions. "Now, let's go and see how did I this turned out"

We nodded and Maui made the boat move towards the island. I liked the view, not like the ones in the ocean, but it's pretty in its way.

I still wonder why did he do this... and what else does he plans to do....

__🐬🐋🐳🌜🌚🌛🐳🐋🐬__

Newbie question 🙋

If you could name and island, what name would you give it?

Oniromia    

Why?

Idk, it sounds pretty to me.

Anyways c'ya X3