👁️

Your P. O. V.

I sighed. The adrenaline was finally draining from my body, making my muscles burn and my wounds sting. My breathing was deep and came out shakily, struggling to let it out. -It was tiring, to say the least - I thought while closing my eyes for a brief moment, letting my body relax.

My gaze was glued to the abyss I've created in a trance-like state. Rough corals, colorful shells, ornamented pillars, smooth crystals, precious stones, and shattered memories swirled around and into the darkness never to be seen again. The more I stared into the abyss, the more I saw it crawling out of the hole, trying to devour everything. 

There was a moment I saw everything getting absorbed by the chasm. 

It was cold, but it was calming.

Maui's P.O.V.

Grunting I rolled to my side and pushed myself to sit. "Maui? Maui! Oh, goddesses you're fine! " Before I could do anything else, someone had tackled me back to the ground. Some arms wrapped around my neck, and I felt someone burring their face into my neck. I was taken aback, and soon realized it was Moana. - Uh... I thought she was angry - 

"Um, hey?" I asked unsure, pushing her a bit. She understood and hesitantly pried her hands off me "How... how did I get here exactly?" 

Moana seemed to be thinking a proper answer as she played with a strand of her hair, clearly nervous. "(Y/N)" She said.

"(Y/N)? Did she bring me here?" I asked exasperatedly. - How the hell did she manage to do so? I owe her an awful lot - I glanced around the bubble, and the only ones here were Moana and myself. 

"Yes, I think, you just floated here when she directed that staff to you. I just assumed she brought you here"

Moving my gaze to the city, I saw half of the pyramid destroyed, Tamatoa and (Y/N) were at the base fighting. 

That was until the ground shook and the pyramid disappeared into the ground along parts of the city. Now, a deep abyss replaced them. At the top, (Y/N) was slowly sinking into the abyss, a trail of blood followed her. It was almost impossible to see the blood swirling around due to the purple water around, not to mention the red light coming from the sky, I could be wrong tho. 

I stood and almost immediately regretted it. "Agghh" - Tamatoa really beat me up - A hand rested on my shoulder, I turned to see Moana gazing at me worried.

"Maui? What are you thinking?"

"U-um. Wait here" I said and grabbed my hook, then I went out of the bubble, turning again into a squid. I would have turned into a shark, but how would I have possibly taken her back to the bubble. 

I reached her and took her back into the bubble, now the only thing left is leaving this place...

How am I supposed to do that?

(Y/N) is unconscious and she never taught anybody how to use the trident. Besides taking the bubble back through the cave would be a bit risky, I've no idea how much this thing resists. 

Screw this!

I'll do it my way

__🐬🐋🐳🌜🌚🌛🐳🐋🐬__

Hey guys, I'm back.

I'm sorry this is just short, I'm giving the ending top priority. I'm halfway done with the ending btw. 

I hope you like the next chapter, it is going to be the longest I've written for this story.