20 -Zahara

Later on the nurse escorts me outside the hospital in a wheelchair, I get up and head towards the Bus Stop that was right across the street.

        My nurse gave me a bus pass after I told her I no longer had a ride home. The pass was meant for her Senior Citizen patients, but she presented it to me anyway saying they will still allow me to ride the bus since I'm an adult.

         Dried up tears, and pink wet eyes have me looking like I've been to hell and back, but I'm not thinking about my appearance right now, I'm only thinking about Asia. I feel extremely bad for Rebekah, and it caused me to lash out on us which she didn't deserve. I'm not taking responsibility for my actions, blaming Asia for something I could have precluded. Sitting at this bus stop has got me to thinking that I need to apologize to her, and try to get things right. Because I don't want her to be mad at me, I just want all of this to extend away. But I have to start with apologizing to her first.

          I search in both of my front pockets looking for my phone, and I realize that I left it at the house. I suck my teeth, and I put my face down into my hands. The cold breeze blows, and causes goose bumps to appear all over. I shiver covering my exposed arms as I lift up to see grey clouds forming in a distance.

"You've got to be kidding me." I whisper then I scan the crowd of people who are waiting for the same bus as me. I contemplate on whether I should ask one of them to use their phone. I spot a teen jamming with his beats headphones on, and he looks pretty nice so I get up, and I walk towards him. When I get in front of him I wave to get his attention,  and when he looks up he sits his headphones on his neck.

"Wassup ma?" He says, taking a good look at me by looking me up and down.

"Hey, I was wondering if you had a phone that I can use to make a quick phone call." I say licking my chapped lips hoping he would allow me to use his phone.

"Yeah I gotchu." He says pulling out his fancy Galaxy Mega phone. He unlocks it and hands it to me pointing to where I go to dial the number. 

"Thanks." I say as I dial Asia's number. I put the phone to my ear as I wait for her to answer. After a few rings she still doesn't answer. So radial her number and after waiting again she still doesn't answer. I hang up the phone, erase Asia's number from the call log, and I hand it back to the boy.

"Thanks." I say and he nods his head.

I walk back over to the bench where I was sitting, and a frown comes upon my face when I see a man sitting where I was sitting. He should allow a woman to sit down but hey some men don't have manners, and aren't respectful like that.

So I lean against the wall,  and close my eyes. Then I think back to the night when me, and Asia were dancing close at the masquerade ball. That was the night that changed my life forever, I wasn't emotionally stable at the time and I wasn't receiving what I wanted from rebekah so I allowed Asia to give it to me. And that's where I fucked up at, If I wanted something else I should have ended things with Rebekah. But instead I choose to be greedy and keep a woman at home with a girl on the side.

        At the end of the day all I wanted was to be happy. I didn't want to be alone and look where wanting to be happy has gotten me. Stuck at a bus stop where the bus comes every damn two hours seem like, ALONE.

"MS.ZAHARA!!" I hear a voice yell, and I immediately look in the direction of where it was coming from.

It's Kayla, and she's in Asia's car. I furrow my brows in confusion as I speed walk towards the car.

"Get in." She says, and I open the car door getting in slowly.

I sigh deeply showing how relieved I am for her coming to the rescue.

"You okay?" Kayla asks pulling off. I rub my face and I look over at her.

"No...everything is falling apart." I say with tears welling up in my eyes. I rub them now wanting to cry but they continue to become moist.

"I didn't think it was right for Asia to just leave you out here with no ride home so I called you but I didn't get an answer so I decided to came out here." Kayla says focusing on the road, but glancing over at me between her sentences. 

"Thank you for coming, the bus was taking forever and a day to get there. That's why I have a car of my own because I don't like to rely on public transportation." I say wiping my eyes.

Kayla goes into her handbag and pulls out a soft tissue from her mini tissue bag and hands it to me. "Here you go." She says stopping at a red light.

"Thanks." I immediately wipe my tears, and blow my nose into the fragile tissue.

"Let it all out now, don't want you crying like a baby when we get to the house." Kayla says, rubbing my back. Then when the light, turn green she slowly pulls off. And I talk to her about everything on the way to her house.