Chapter 7: Finding Your Creature

A few weeks passed, a few grueling weeks. The gang was struggling to balance out school and Kaiju practice. It was a Monday, and they were at school. Jack, Gil and Henry were away from their loves. Darcy was in world history, bored out of her mind. Sheena was hurting to see Sam with Kat. Fourth period started. Jack and Sonya were excited because they get to be in their favorite class: dance. Seth was excused to see Jack's class. When he got there, he heard music and saw people dancing. The music was Work It Out (Ballet Remix). The music started off in ballet style, but soon changed into an upbeat hip hop style. It lasted about two minutes. Jack and Sonya walked up to Seth. "You were great out their, baby," said Seth before they kissed. "Thanks," said Jack. "Sonya, you were amazing ,too," said Seth. "Thanks," Sonya said. "This class is so amazing." "I knew you would love it," replied Jack. "Hey Jack, Sonya, the teacher is wants to talk to us," said a girl. She had honey hair that was in a ponytail. She wore a black Nike tank top, a black cap, white Capri's with white shoes. "OK," said Jack. They walked up to the group and heard the teacher. "OK, we had the competition a week ago, and they said that we are in the top 20!" exclaimed the teacher. Everyone cheered, hugged and jumped up and down. Without knowing, Jack hugged a muscular guy next to him. Seth saw and instantly got jealous. He clenched his fists but relaxed them when Jack came up to him. "We made the top 20!" exclaimed Jack. Jack was surprised by what happened next. Seth roughly kissed him, and his left hand grabbed Jack's neck and the right hand grabbed his ass. When they pulled away, Jack was shocked by it. "What was that for?" asked Jack. "Do I need a reason?" asked Seth, low and husky. He kissed Jack again. "Jack, please report to the office," said the person in the intercom. Jack pulled away and walked towards the office with Seth a few steps away. When he arrived, he saw his coworkers. "Sophie, Selen, what are doing here?" asked Jack. "There's a problem with the animals," said Sophie. "The animals are in danger," said Selen. "What do you mean?" asked Jack. "Poachers," said Sophie. "Take me to the sanctuary," commanded Jack. "Hey, what's going on?" asked Seth. "Poachers are killing animals at the sanctuary," stated Jack. "I need to go now." Jack left with the girls. Seth was left there, not knowing what to do.

It was 5:00, the gang met up with Jack in the dojo. Selina wore a gray blouse with a black leather jacket that exposes her torso and lower arms, leather gloves, black pants, and black ankle boots. Dinah wore a black tank top with grayish purple pants and white shoes. Liza's outfit consists of a turquoise-blue tube top, of sorts, with a lime green elbow-length right sleeve and a pair of turquoise-blue pants that stop below her knees with lime green tutu-styled ruffles on both the bottom of the pants and around the waist below a teal waist band. Her feet are covered in a pair of shin-length, teal and pink high-heeled, lime green platform boots. A lime green choker with golden diamonds hanging down from them are around her neck and a turquoise blue band atop her head. On her left arm in an elbow-length, handless peach-colored glove, white a lime green bangle is on her right wrist with a light fuchsia bow hanging from it. Mateo wore a black jacket with a purple T-shirt, black pants with gold bands around his thighs and black shoes. Sam wore black sleeveless coat with his hood on and ripped strands on the bottom, a ripped dark gray shirt, black pants and black shoes. Harry wore a rust rimmed black vest that is tied with a leather strap with no shirt underneath, black skinny jeans that reached halfway to his calves and black shoes. Everyone was in a Colosseum-like area inside the temple with the mentors and Dylan and his friends. "Hey Jack, how did it go with animals?" asked Seth. "We nearly lost half of them. Luckily I had my gun and someone call the police," stated Jack. "I really hate poachers." "I know you do," said Seth as he kiss Jack. "We are here because we think that you're ready to summon your creature," said Aurora. "But first, you need your official gauntlets." The mentors raised their gauntlets and a blue glow came out. The glow came towards Jack and the others' gauntlets. Soon, their gauntlets changed: Jack and Gil's became nature, Liza, Sheena, and Harry's became water, Raven's became darkness, Selina and Dinah's became light, and Seth, Sam, and Mateo became fire. "Now you're official Duel Masters," said Lucas. "Now who wants to go first." Seth raised his hand and he was chosen. Seth walked down to the floor while everyone sat in the seats. "Now, just focus your mana and concentrate on which creature to summon!" shouted Shane. In the entrance, a shadow was watching from afar. Soon, Freddie came out of the shadow. "They don't even know I'm here. I gonna unleash hell in here," she said. "Bolshack Dragon!" shouted Seth. A giant dragon came out. It had dark brownish-red skin with orange-red horns (two on his head and one on his snout), metal armor, brown lower arms, orange claws, huge armored wings that are longer than its body, and a long tail. It was Jack's turn. "Essence Elf!" shouted Jack. A green creature came out. It had blue eyes, no nose, no ears, or mouth. It had dark green vines that acts like hair, a yellow-orange leaf that wraps its lower body, huge orange wings with green spines. "Time to create pandemonium," said Freddie. She pulled a pendant with a canine tooth and delicately swung it back and forth. Purple circles came out and headed towards Essence Elf. The creature's eyes became purple and soon attack Jack. He dodged it but was hit in the back. "Jack!" shouted Seth. "No. I got this," said Shane. He headed towards the Essence Elf. "Gilaflame the Assaulter!" he shouted. A red bipedal lizard came out. It wore metal armor with black highlights, black leg armor on its upper legs with gray armor on its knees, arm gauntlets with a black stripe with three large blades attached. "Gilaflame, slice that elf," command Shane. The creature ran towards the other creature. It was so fast, it was a blur. Gilaflame sliced Essence Elf, and it vanished. "Jack, are you OK?" asked Shane, helping it up. "Yeah, I think so," responded Jack. "Ugh! It didn't work," said Freddie, as she disappeared. Seth ran to Jack to comfort him. As Seth hugged him, Jack groaned in pain. "What's wrong?" asked Seth, worried. "There was a sharp pain on my stomach," stated Jack. Jack wanted to walked but can't because there was an unbearable pain in his leg. Seth got extremely worried and picked up Jack bridal style. "OK well, that'll be all for today," said Shane. "Go home and get some rest. Seth make sure to take care of Jack." "Got it," said Seth. Everyone left the temple and went home.