Chapter 18: Coal Heart and Darkest Soul Part 2

Back at the chamber with the chests, Miele was in a fetal position, shaking in fear. "Hey, are you OK?" asked a person. Miele wondered who they are and why they're here with her. She looked up and saw all the chests were closed and Harry standing in the entrance of the chamber. "Harry, I'm glad you're here. I want to go home," she said, running up to him and gave him a hug. "Don't worry. I'm here. I'll take you home," he said, returning the hug. His face was over her shoulder. Suddenly, Harry's face came off, revealing a black-faced creature with just a slobbering mouth holding a white mask. The mask looked plain yet dark and evil. The creature put the mask on and transformed back into Harry.

Back to the gang, they were still riding their creatures. Gil got so bored that he fell asleep on Harry. "How much farther?" asked Jack. "We should be near by now," said Darcy. Then, a purple ghost appeared. It had yellow eyes, two horns, and a snout that swirled upwards a little. The body was hunched over, ridges along its back, and a bony frame. The legs were fused into a 'tail' with a few swirls. "Slyth, what do you want?" asked Paul. Gil suddenly woke up and heard the conversation. "I'm hear to tell you that the human you're seeking has been taken by a Dark Lord," said the ghost. It had a male, whisper-like voice yet it doesn't have a mouth. "A Dark Lord? Oh no, Miele could be in more trouble than we thought," said Darcy. "Thank you for the information," said Paul. Before Slyth left, Raven stopped him to ask a question. "How did you find us?" she asked. "I used a Phosphorescent Ghost to track you," said Slyth. A purple creature came out of Paul. It had yellow sharp-toothed mouth on the collar bone, no head, an orange circle with black tinted purple swirls, a long ghost tail, and the hands were like a three-jawed, sharp-toothed Venus flytrap. Then, the ghost flew inside Slyth. "So, you had like a tracker to find us?" she asked. "Yes, you could say that. I must leave, until we meet again," he said, vanishing. "Hey, look where we are," said Darcy. We're in Gloom Hollow." "So this is where Scaradorable lived," said Raven. Everyone got off the creatures and headed to the place. The area was full of older versions of Scaradorable. A female one came up and hugged Scaradorable. "Aw. So this must be your mother," said Raven. The mother then looked fearful and hold Scaradorable closer. The other male grabbed Scaradorable and headed to a certain direction. Hey, what are you doing?!" asked Raven. "They're going to sacrifice her to Empress Megaria," said Slyth, coming into the scene. "What?! No they can't do that!" said Raven. "They have to do it otherwise they'll feel the wrath of her," said Slyth. "Wait, if they're gonna sacrifice her, then maybe we can see if Megaria has Miele," said Jack. "Slyth, why don't you tell them that we could sacrifice Scaradorable," said Raven. Slyth complied and told the creatures. They agreed because they lost their members to the perilous journey. They got Scaradorable back and they headed to the direction of Megaria's palace. They didn't got on their creatures because they didn't think about it at the time. "Raven," said a mysterious entity in a whisper that only she could hear. She turned and saw Anthony. She ran to him to know why he's there, but Anthony ran away, and soon Raven disappeared. "Jack," said the entity. He turned and saw Seth. "Puddin?" asked Jack. Seth motioned Jack to come closer. He complied and walked up to the other. Soon, Seth, kidnapped Jack and soon disappeared. "Darcy," said the entity. She looked and saw her brother. She ran to him and hugged him. "How are you alive? You died," she said as tears ran down her cheeks. "Come on, I have to show you something," he said. "Wait. We can't leave it's too dangerous here," she said. "Come on, it's fine," he said, pulling her in a tunnel. Then, the rest heard a scream resonating through the tunnels. "What was that?" asked Gil. "More importantly, where are the rest?" asked Harry. "Look out!" shouted Paul. Dozen upon dozens of pale skeleton-like creatures came out and started attacking the group. Their heads only had a mouth and appendages that looks like hair. The body is so gaunt that the 'skin' goes under the ribcage at the bottom and reveals the spine and waist bone. The spine had a few spikes. The right hand holds a sword with a guard that runs down the blade, ending a few inches behind the tip, and the left arm had two lower arms and the second hand held a dagger. They attacked the creatures of the others who disappeared and vanished them. "Nomulos, slash attack," said Harry. "Jackalax, wing crash," said Gil. "Shadow hand, Blackfeather," said Paul. The creatures attack, vanishing a few of the skeleton army. Then, the skeletons started to pile on the creatures and impaled them, vanishing the remaining creatures. "Damn it," cursed Harry. The army surrounded them and started knocking them unconscious.

At an area in the Darkness Realm, the was a humongous snake-like creature. At the top portion of it, it was black, three snake heads with red eyes, red round lights scattered around, and a fanged mouth that had a dark green flight of stairs leading to it. The bottom portion was dark green and had hundreds of 'tentacles'. On one of the tentacles, Freddie was there with Razorkinder. "Hmm, so how are we going to get in this thing?" she asked to herself. "How about the entrance," said a girl in the distance. Freddie turned and saw a girl standing behind her. The girl had a pale to fair skin. Her hair was dyed red on the right side and black on the left side, two small, two, small/medium, unbraided hair, and three bangs. Her face had white facial makeup, black lipstick, black smudged eyeshadow around the eyes, stitches on the neck where the white makeup ended. Her outfits consists of a corset: black on the right side and red on the left side, white undies, pantyhose (black on the very top, red on the right leg and black on the left leg) that exposes the upper inner and outer thighs and are ripped, black diamond tattoos on her upper left arm, a red fingerless glove on the same hand and a black fingerless glove on the right hand, and a black ankle boot on the right foot and a red ankle boot on the left foot. "Harley, what are you doing here?" asked Freddie. Harley was the girl's nickname because she admired Harley Quinn like the good Jack. "Draco sent me to find the Shield," said Harley in a semi-high voice. "Well, I could use some help. Why not," said Freddie. "So, how are we supposed to get it?" Then, Razorkinder flew up into the shadows leaving Freddie and Harley. "Razorkinder, get back here or I'll slice your strings!" threatened Freddie. "Wow, you bad at this, honey," said Harley. "Shut the fuck up," said the voodoo girl. After a moment of entering the creature, they were in a room filled with glass boxes containing objects. "Hey shadow girl, there's the shield," said the Harley fan. They walked up to the Shield and were close to taking it. Soon, Razorkinder sneaked up behind them, retracted its claws and smacked the girls in the head, rendering them unconscious.

In the throne room inside the creature, Jack and the others were in cages with bones for the bars that had a fleshy 'rope' attached to the ceiling. Gil, Harry, and Paul were in one cage while Jack, Raven, and Darcy were in another. Freddie and Harley were on the floor with a purple spotlight on them. Soon, they all woke up. "Where are we?" asked Raven. "We're inside Gigargon," said Darcy. "Megaria used the Chimera as a castle," stated Paul. "And right you are, Master Paul," said a woman. She was fairly tall, her face was pink lavender. Her face had yellow eyes with the whole eye black, had a purple mask marking over her lower face that exposes her dark blue mouth, black elf ears, and a purple gray tentacle-like appendage with gray markings attached to her head. Her outfit consists of a purple cold shoulder top with flared sleeves that covered her black colored skin, a dark blue miniskirt with gray-tinted purple spots, purple leggings with dull magenta spots, and gray, knee-length high heels with dark gray spots on the top and heels, a dull magenta spot in the front area where the leg meets the foot, and two yellow triangles that form angry eyes on each foot. She also sported a wine purple cloak that had ripped straps on the end. She was sitting on a purple Seville chaise sofa with her legs up. "Who are you?" asked Harley. "I'm Empress Megaria," she said. "Get us out of here!" commanded Freddie as she charged at Megaria. Razorkinder soon lunged at Freddie, pinning her to the floor. The puppet spun its head sideways while showing off its claws close to Freddie's face. "Traitor!" exclaimed Freddie. "You didn't think my toy was working for you, did you?" asked the empress. "He's always been loyal to me." "Why do you need us, queeny?" asked Harley as she pulled Freddie away. "I'm looking for a protege. Someone to handle the meaningful and necessary task of running my kingdom. The Cloak of Dark Illusion allows me to gain a rather sizable amount of land to rule over," stated Megaria. "I can sense that you two and you two have potential." She pointed to Harley, Freddie, Raven, and Darcy. "Spinning Terror, open the cage," she said. "Yes, your majesty," said Spinning Terror. The creature's head was skull-like with three horns and red eyes with white pupils and irises. It also had a gold yellow wheel with five spokes attached to the head, and four russet legs and two crab-like claws. The lifted up for Darcy and Raven to walk up to the other two, then the cage fell, trapping Jack again. "Now, summon your creatures so you can duel over the spot as my protege," said Megaria. Raven summoned Scaradorable, Darcy summoned Marrow Ooze, Freddie summoned Impalicus. "Delisle-la of No Return!" shouted Harley. Delisle-la was a pale puppet. She had red eyes and yellow irises, a sharp-toothed grin, dark blue lipstick, pale blue circles on her cheeks, long, blonde hair with flat bangs, and a red headband with a three-hilled fabric. Her outfit was a black dress with a miniskirt, red frilled short sleeves, and red linings, handless gloves that covers her forearms and have red fabric attached to the ends. She wore black, knee-high shoes with red, thick soles and red linings. She also carried a blood red object with a skull on it and a large steel blade attached to the top. "Now as the saying goes, 'there can be only one,'" said Megaria.