eleven : trouble in paradise

But every time you hurt me,
the less that I cry
And every time you leave me,
the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out,
the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance,
it's sad but it's true
I'm way too good at goodbyes
— Sam Smith, Too Good at Goodbyes

But every time you hurt me,the less that I cryAnd every time you leave me,the quicker these tears dryAnd every time you walk out,the less I love youBaby, we don't stand a chance,it's sad but it's trueI'm way too good at goodbyes— Sam Smith, Too Go...

TYLER

I couldn't believe this was happening. Not now. Not after three years of living my life without her. Yet here she was, right in front of me where I could touch her to know that she was real. She looked at me with those blue-green eyes beneath her long lashes, and I suddenly felt like a seventeen years old boy who was completely in love with his three-years girlfriend.

"What are you doing here?" I caught her arms and helped her get up on her feet.

She smiled and put her forefinger up, pointing at the ceiling. "I'm going to the club. They have the best margaritas here. What about you?"

"I'm going home. I was just from there." Although I was there for work, a completely different reason than her. I stared at her beautiful eyes and still couldn't believe I finally met her.

Faith Gauthier was my girlfriend for three years. She used to live across the street with her grandparents while her parents lived in Toronto. The first time I saw her was when I was helping her grandpa with their fence.

She just moved there for two days and hardly knew anyone around. We had a lot of things in common so we connected almost instantly. She was the nicest person I've ever met and there was absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do for her. It was embarrassing to admit but I really was head over heels for her.

Just like any teen relationship, it ended with a broken heart. One day she decided I wasn't the one she was looking for and broke things off. She didn't say goodbye nor did she leave any message. She simply left. Packed her bags and moved to Toronto to live with her parents. I've never heard of her since.

Her brows lowered in confusion. "So soon?" Her confusion cleared and she smiled. "Ah. There's someone waiting for you at home, isn't it?" She clasped her small purse in her underarm and smiled knowingly. "Go. Don't let me keep you."

She was right. There was someone waiting for me at home, someone who found out about my lies and demanded the truth. Ten minutes ago, I would've run home, ignoring everything else to reach for Autumn. I would've tried my best to get home quickly so I could explain to her why I lied. Yet right now, meeting Faith, has changed everything.

I pressed the call button. "I could use a drink." I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jeans and looked directly at her.

Her brows lifted up her smooth forehead as she stared back at me. "Are you sure?"

Am I? "Yeah." The elevator opened and I held my hand to keep the doors from closing. She stepped inside and I followed close behind.

Faith hit the rooftop button then leaned against the mirrored wall. "So, tell me, what happened to you since high school?"