twenty four : miss

Never caught a feelin' this hard
Harder than the liquor I pour
Ooh, I fall apart
Down to my core
Ooh, didn't know it before

- Post Malone, I Fall Apart

"I came here to see why you miss the assembly this morning

"I came here to see why you miss the assembly this morning." He gave the photo one last look then moved to the kitchen and sat on one of the bar stools.

I raised my brows in question. "What assembly?"

Frazier rolled his eyes. "Have you ever checked your emails? The school sent one about it two days ago."

Unlike text messages, I didn't check them regularly and this was one of the downsides of such laziness. Although if I was honest, I doubted the assembly would come into my mind even if I knew about it since the only thing bringing me back to reality was the sound of Frazier knocking the front door.

I didn't realize I had gone quiet for too long until I felt his hand cupping one side of my face as he looked down and asked, "are you okay, temptress? You look-" he paused as if trying to search for the right word then finally settled with, "distracted."

He was right. I was distracted, too distracted for hours after Ty had left. "What time is it?"

Frazier narrowed his eyes, telling me that he knew I purposely refused to answer his question by asking about the time and he wasn't happy about it. Yet he answered after one glance at the watch on his wrist. "Twelve fifteen."

"Dear Mendes!" I walked towards the bedroom but stopped on my way and looked at him over one shoulder. "Wait here. I'm gonna be quick. Really quick, I promise. Just give me five minutes." He answered with a nod.

As I quickly moved to the bedroom, I heard his soft reply, "I won't even dream to go anywhere else, luv."

It took more than fifteen minutes to quickly showered, shoved my laptop and study materials into my bag, and brushed my wild hair into something that looked decent for school. Surprisingly, the last one took more than five minutes alone. When I used the word 'wild' to describe my hair, I wasn't exaggerating, my hair truly had the superpower to look as unruly, resembling a birds nest.

By the time I walked out of the bedroom, Frazier already held my coat for me and soon we hit the road. I had BMGC class at one PM and if I was lucky (by lucky, I meant the road wasn't as busy as it always been at one PM), I might have a chance to get to the class before Prof. Milford even parked his car on the lot.

I was going to settle in the last seat at the back of the class when Frazier subtly pushed me to the next one and settled in that seat. I put my bag on the table and whipped my head at him. "Do you even take this class?"

"No," he answered curtly. When I was about to ask him what the hell he was doing here, he quickly added, "I was in his other class..."

I nodded. "So you're crashing my class now?"