ten : brothers

If it just ain't right,
and it's time to say goodbye
When it all falls down,
I'll be fine
You're the drug that I'm addicted to
And I want you so bad, but I'll be fine
— Alan Walker, All Falls Down

If it just ain't right,and it's time to say goodbyeWhen it all falls down,I'll be fineYou're the drug that I'm addicted toAnd I want you so bad, but I'll be fine— Alan Walker, All Falls Down

A U T U M N

"Let me know which asshole this Frazier guy was, so I could teach him some lesson," growled Tyler by the time I finished telling him about what happened at the party last night.

"Hey, he and I are friends now." I didn't know why I defended Frazier. Maybe because he defended me in front of Margo and promised to clean up the mess. Above all else, I didn't want Tyler to get involved in a brawl.

Tyler stared at me. An incredulous look plastered on his handsome face. "You're friends which someone who made up a rumor and swore to make your life a living hell?"

When he put it that way, it sounded ridiculous that I even considered becoming friends with Frazier. To Tyler, I gave him a solid nod which he replied with an exhaustive sigh. I took a deep breath, ready to tell him what happened today. "Ty, there's something I have to tell you. Frazier, today he ki—"

His cell phone rang and he immediately reached into his front pocket. He glanced at the screen and stood. His back was on me as he started to walk away with his phone held close to his right ear. I couldn't make out his expression but I could see his neck tensed and his body went stiff. I wondered what the call was about. Plus, who it was from.

Tyler has been acting rather weird these days. We hardly had time to talk, yet when we finally had the chance, this happened.

He finished his call and shoved his phone into the back pocket of his jeans. It looked like he let out a deep sigh as he stared at the ground before turning around to face me. "Hey, love," he said as he approached me. "I gotta go."

I frowned. "Where?"

"I-uh," he paused to clear his throats. "My friend just called me."

"Your friend?" I knew his social skill was great but I honestly didn't expect him to have a friend on the first day of school straight away. Also, I doubted a friend he met on his first day would have that kind of effect on him. No first-day friend would get him that tense and that pissed over a phone call.

"Yeah." He ran one hand through his thick brown hair and gave me an apologetic smile. "Corbin. He told me there'll be an additional class starting in half an hour. I don't have my books with me, I gotta go get them and come back to school."

"Additional class?" I stood and looked him square in the eye. Somehow, I had a feeling that he wasn't telling me the truth. There was something that he tried so hard to hide from me. I didn't have anything to prove that, but I could see it in his eyes and feel it in deep in my heart. Something wasn't right.