forty eight : bond, james bond

Feels like I'm dreaming
in the middle of the day
I just can't believe it
Still feels like a lie
When I open my eyes, I'm in your arms
I'm letting out a sigh of relief
Girl, when you call my name
Anything that passes through you becomes beautiful
I bloom like new, I bloom
As if I'm drunk with you,
I'm being pulled to you
I want this feeling to keep going,
I want it, I want it
My heavy eyelids and closing
So this moment can last forever,
I want it, I want it
— GOT7, Lullaby

VINCENT

I dunked the remaining of my coffee into the sink and let out a deep sigh. The world did not get better after the wedding. Well, maybe it did but mine did not. I felt like crap twenty-four-seven since I had bailed on Autumn. I was being a coward, if I did not want to meet her, I should have said it to her face. Now that I was back in NYC, I was having second thoughts about all of this. I wondered what Autumn had figured out. Hunter sent a text this morning, telling me that he had told Autumn about some of the stuff in the hope that she and I would have a talk and figure things out. He thought he was doing me a favor and maybe he did but right now, I hated him for telling her. She was not supposed to know any of this because I knew if she did she would try to dig further and that could cause more harm if the Italian guys found out someone was sniffing around. 

"Fuck!" I slammed my fist on the side of the sink out of frustration. Hunter's stupid move may have put her in more danger than necessary. What I had done so far in order to protect her would be pointless now. 

"Woah, I've let my place be your crashpad and now you're breaking my stuff?" 

Turning around, I watched Mario standing six feet tall, arms folded and brows raised. "I'm sorry, man."

"Yeah, as long as you stop doing it." Mario, being the swell guy that he was, smirked then leaned and opened the fridge to grab a beer. "I'm in a good mood. You want some?"

Alcohol was the last thing I needed. I shook my head, declining his offer. 

Mario shrugged. "Your loss." He took a swig of the beer and then walked out of the kitchen only to stop by the doorway and turn around. "Oh yeah, Faith is going to join us for dinner but we have to pick her off her yoga class first so hurry up and get ready."

I raised one brow. "Since when Faith is into yoga?"

"I have no clue." Mario shook his head slowly. "If I have to do those bending and flexible moves, man, I would rather do it in private."

* * *

About forty minutes later, we finally made it to Eight Avenue. Mario caught a glimpse of Faith sitting by the reception desk and groaned. "We're fucking late. Damn. She's gonna kill me."

I chuckled. "Nah, she won't."

"Oh, she will make me pay." Mario walked a tad faster as we crossed the street and descended the stairs. Faith had probably seen us because, by the time we got to the top of the stairs, she swung the door open and stepped outside.

"Did you two take the NYC tour bus or what?" Faith rolled her eyes as she carried her yoga mats and her gym bag. 

Mario quickly took both the bag and her yoga mats. "Lemme carry that."

"It will take more than carrying my stuff to make up for making me wait an hour for you," said Faith, sounding annoyed. Yet from the look on her face when Mario was not looking, I could tell she was trying to bite back her smile. Their relationship had gone better and stronger each day. Both were still in disbelief that they could finally be together again. Sometimes I watched the way Mario looked at her, almost as if he just saw an angel or mirage in the middle of desserts.