thirty : childlike

I will come running when you call my name
Even a broken heart can beat again
Forget about the one who caused you pain
I swear I'll love you in a different way
— DJ Snake Lauv, A Different Way

I will come running when you call my nameEven a broken heart can beat againForget about the one who caused you painI swear I'll love you in a different way— DJ Snake Lauv, A Different Way

^ this is the favorite Frazier of the month ^

s/o to klebekah07 for being an amazing reader, by the way, (I think) I borrowed your name down there. I want it to be a surprise so I didn't ask for confirmation (welp!).

Autumn POV

I could tell that I was falling, way before my ass hit the ground. The first thing that popped into my head was the Ben & Jerry's in my hand. I had to do something to save the ice cream from dropping to the ground into a massive puddle so I held it up with both hands and prayed that I would have a soft landing.

It seemed that I didn't need any landing after all since one pair of arms had stupidly thrown away the picnic basket and snaked their way around my waist. I blinked a few times as I looked up to meet his steely gray eyes. "Are you alright?" he asked in his British-Irish-American accent. An accent that, I now realized, was probably only belonged to him.

When we'd first met, I thought he sounded like a combination of Harry Styles and Chris Hemsworth, which was ridiculous since Chris was not British, Irish, nor American. It would have made more sense if I said Tom Hiddleston who was born and raised in Britain. Maybe it was the depth of his voice that made me think of Chris when he spoke.

I'd heard Matt Damon in his voice as well and perhaps Christian Bale's American accent, the one he'd used when he played Batman. In conclusion, he sounded like all of those actors (and artist) combined with a hint of Tom Cruise. Okay, I just spoiled the recipe. It was like that time when a digital artist tried to make a face by combining other people's features such as the best eyes, best ears, best nose, etc. But it ended up in a disaster because those features were unique and only belonged to their owners. No one would look as good as Lily Collins by having Lily Collins' eyebrows unless she was Lily Collins herself.

Everyone's unique in their own ways, this is what makes everyone's beautiful just the way they are.

So did Frazier Ronan. His accent was only his alone. It was unique and I shouldn't have compared it to other people's accents. The same as I shouldn't have compared Luke Hemmings' charming smile to Harry Styles' breathtaking smirk.

Okay. What was I talking again? It was obvious that I got sidetracked and I blamed it all on him and his accent.

"Princess, are you alright?" he reiterated. His brows lowered in a knot on his forehead as he looked deeply into my eyes.

I blinked a few times. "Yes." I quickly gained my footing and immediately realized that my arms were still up, holding the Ben & Jerry's. Armpits! To my horror, I noticed that I hadn't had a chance to bath this afternoon.