thirty four : a girl

So, won't you ride with me, ride with me?
See where this thing goes
If it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be
Baby, if it's meant to be
- Bebe Rexha, Meant To Be

^ Matt Noszka as Frazier, I love him too much not to have him have his own happy ending, so I think I am going to change the ending (which I have already finished writing three months ago, I do not update because I am a lazy editor ㅋㅋㅋ) ^

AUTUMN

"Okay, I guess this will do." I stared at the small luggage beside my right thigh. I gave the surroundings one last look as I mentally tried to remember if I accidentally had forgotten about something. Once I was sure that I'd turned off the gas and locked the windows and sliding glass door to the balcony, I turned off the lamp and headed for the door.

I swung the door open and plowed head-first into a broad chest covered in a white shirt and black coat. I lifted my gaze up until my eyes met his grey eyes and I suddenly remembered that first night when he'd caught me lying about where I lived. That night I ran to him the same way I did tonight, nearly knocking him off with my head (although who was I kidding, he was pretty well-built, if anything, I would be the one who fell to the ground).

Unlike that night, the playful devil-may-care smirk was not on his face. To be honest, he looked deadly serious when he opened his mouth and said, "we need to talk."

"Fray? What," I paused and cleared my throat as I could feel my voice getting hoarse. "What are you doing here?"

He took a hold of my hand as he said, "I have to talk to you. If we could go somewhere—" he stopped mid-sentence once he saw the small luggage. His brows formed a straight line in the middle of his forehead. "Are you planning to run away? Is it because of your breakup with Tyler? Or," he struggled for words for a second, "is it because of me?"

I had two choices right now. It was either telling him nothing and rushing off or I could laugh it off and avoid the awkwardness that came seeping between us. I decided on the latter, thinking that there might be a chance for me to save our friendship. After all, I kinda missed him. Kinda.

"Who said anything about running away?" I let out a chuckle. "Audrey's wedding is this Sunday and I'm one of the bridesmaids so I have to get to D.C. today."

He solemnly nodded. "Are you going with, uh, Tyler?"

This was even harder to answer. "No." I shook my head and then blinked a few times. The breakup hurt, no matter how many days had passed since that night. "I mean, I will see him at the wedding. He's the best man. But no, we are not going there together." I looked at the empty space between my shoes and willed myself not to cry.

Frazier put one finger on my chin and lifted me up until my eyes met his. "Are you okay?" I was still debating with my head when he suddenly wrapped one arm around my shoulders and held me tight. "What a moron I must've sounded to you, of course, you're not okay. I'm sorry, luv."