eighteen : sleepover

When you're standing there in your underwear
And my T-shirt from the night before
With your messed up hair
And your feet still bare
Would you mind closing the bedroom door
— DNCE, Toothbrush

When you're standing there in your underwearAnd my T-shirt from the night beforeWith your messed up hairAnd your feet still bareWould you mind closing the bedroom door — DNCE, Toothbrush

"She's gone." I heard his voice before I could see him, standing in front of the bush I was hiding. "Come on, you can come out now."

I put my hands on my knees and pushed myself up. "Damn." My knees felt weak after thirty minutes of squatting down behind the bush. It was a miracle that I didn't fall asleep while waiting for him.

"Are you okay?" He put one hand on my arm, trying to support me in case I fell.

I gave him a firm nod. "I'm okay." One thing about my family, the Summers, was that we didn't like showing our weaknesses. Being part of the family, I was stubborn enough to act tough no matter the circumstances.

Frazier looked at me as if he didn't believe me for one second. Still holding my arm, he led me away from the house. We walked across the yard towards a small house on the far side of the main house. "Why did I have to hide from your grandma?"

He looked at me as if I just asked the dumbest question ever. "Did you forget my story about her throwing girls out?"

Oh, right. "Oh."

"I don't know what her problem is but she always wants me to be that perfect grandson." He shook his head. "She wants me to be well-mannered and keep my dick in my pants."

I nearly laughed at the last part. "Isn't that a good thing?" From what I heard, he left a line of broken heart girls around Columbia and Manhattan.

"Does an arranged marriage sound good to you?" asked him with a sigh.

I lifted one brow, unsure of what he meant by that. "What?"

"As a dowager duchess, she thinks she has the right to manage everyone's lives." We reached the guest house and Frazier fished out a set of keys to unlock the door. "Why else do you think my parents' marriage failed?"

He held the door open and I stepped inside. "Do you live here alone?"

There was a couch on the right side of the room with a flat-screen TV placed on the wall in front of it. A pool table was placed on the right side, with the kitchen at the of what looked like a small hallway. There were two doors, one on each side of the hallway. One of them must lead to a bedroom, while the other was probably a bathroom or toilet.

"Yeah. Corbin stays at the main house." Frazier shrugged off his coat and put it on the stand by the door. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Yeah. Water would be fine." I followed him to the kitchen. His kitchen was massive. If I were a chef, I would jump on my two feet in joy considering he had all the necessary equipment in his kitchen. "Do you cook?" I asked out of curiosity.