nineteen : when I do seduce you

I hope someday
We'll sit down together
and laugh with each other
About these days, these days
All our troubles we'll lay to rest
And we'll wish we could come back to these days, these days
— Rudimental, These Days

I hope somedayWe'll sit down togetherand laugh with each otherAbout these days, these daysAll our troubles we'll lay to restAnd we'll wish we could come back to these days, these days— Rudimental, These Days

AUTUMN

I sat lazily on the couch with a hot cup of tea in my hands, watching Frazier as he sat cross-legged on the ground. He didn't shout or yell as he played, unlike my brother who would make noises every now and then when something happened to his character. His face was so serious, almost as if he was really in an opt and not just playing a character who was in an opt. If my stomach wasn't moody, I would've laughed.

He seemed to notice me staring or he had an eye on the back of his head because the next thing I knew, he said, "I know you're dying to beat my ass so why don't you just come here and we sort it out."

"What?"

He looked over his shoulder and smirked. "Come on, I have one more controller in the drawer." As if to prove his point, he moved to the drawer below the flat screen and took out another controller. "Are you scared, Temptress?"

I wasn't someone who backed down when challenged so I put my mug on the table and walked toward him. I gave a challenging smile as I looked up at him and took the controller from his hand. "Game on." Just like all members of the Summers family, I hated losing so there was no way I was going to be easy on him.

* * *

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath. I leaned back against the leg of the couch and looked at the ceiling, refusing to stare at the screen which confirmed his winning. I took a sharp breath and turned to him. "Rematch!"

"Again?" He chuckled. "You can only rematch once or twice, luv, not five times." He put down his controller and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hey, where are you going? We're not over yet. I want a rematch." I put my controller on the floor and tried to catch up with him. I found him standing by the fridge, taking out of a pack of cherry tomatoes, minced beef, two onions, two carrots, three strips of rosemary, and eight strips of bacon. He closed the fridge door and moved to the kitchen cabinet. Again, he took out a bottle of Merlot, dried oregano, and fresh bay leaves. "What are you doing? I want a rematch."

With his back to me, he continued taking some stuff out of the cabinet as he answered, "if it's up to you, we'll be having a rematch until midnight." He turned and put two 400g tins of plum tomatoes on the counter. "I'm hungry. I want to eat."

I took a seat on the stool and folded my arms as I observed the stuff he laid on the counter. "What are you going to cook?"

He pulled out a saucepan and put it on top of the electric stoves. Even though my cooking skill was pretty much nonexistent, I knew all about cooking tools from Masterchef. "Just a simple spaghetti bolognese." He put one spoonful of olive oil in both pans and looked up. "You're not allergic to anything right?"