•|TWENTY-SIX|•

"Dad!?"

I looked at him in confusion, because he looked different then the last time I saw him. His braids were replaced with waves, and his eyes were somewhat red.

"It's me baby girl."

He opened his arms and tried giving me a hug, but instead I put my hand up to stop him, and started laughing.

"What brings you by after almost two years?"

"I got myself together. I'm ready to be a father again."

"Hmm I didn't know you could you could pause being a parent."

"I know you don't care, but I was having a hard time coping with your mother's situation. I wasn't just drinking I was heavy on drugs. Your mother wasn't allowing it so I chose drugs over my family and now I regret it."

"Mommy tired."

Terrell said as he was holding onto my leg looking up at our father, who was looking down at him in shock.

"You had a baby!?"

I picked Terrell up and he laid his head on my shoulder still looking at our father.

"Nope meet Terrell, this is my brother which is your son."

"How?"

I started to laugh but instead I smirked.

"Mom was pregnant, and before she died she had him."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"How old is he?"

"One."

He dropped his head.

"Damn, anything else I miss?"

He said while looking up and staring at Terrell.

"Besides him growing up and me graduating nope."

"So that's why all these cars are here?"

"Yep."

"Can I come in?"

"For?"

"To celebrate with you. And I do still live here and I did take part in buying this house."

"I don't care."

As I turned around to go back in the house, out the corner of my eye I seen him rub his nose.

"That's a shame."

"What?"

He looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. I put Terrell down and told him to go get in the bed.

Once I watched him walk away form the door I closed it and walked out onto the porch.

"I'm not stupid, I know you still on that shit. Don't think now that you can come back and start acting right knowing you have other intentions."