Prolouge

We didn't see them coming, we didn't even know that they existed until it was too late. We were too wrapped up in our own lives to even realize that supernatural creatures could even live in a world like ours. They were only myths to us, we only read in books about another world with other creatures. They were only meant to stay in the pages of those books. When they came out of hiding we were afraid, afraid because they were different from anything the human race had ever seen before. A war soon started causing the whole world to go into a panic of whether the human race would be enough to stop them. In the end, the humans lost, the world thrown into something that we thought was never possible. Over the years the human population has gone down, some were taken as mates to some supernatural. Others just ran to escape from them. Few humans live together, those that live alone trust no one but themselves.

It has been seventeen years since the war ended. I was only two years old when the war between the supernatural and humans began, it didn't last long though. My father died in the war fighting for his family and for others too. My mother was all that I had for years, we left our home to find someplace safe. Mother always said we would get there together, but we never found any place that was safe. We kept traveling through the years, moving from place to place. Never settling down, I learned what plants were edible and what were not. I learned how to hunt with a makeshift bow,  and what animals were best to eat. I trained almost every day, I learned when and how to conserve my energy. Life in the world was not easy as it once was, that was the one thing I kept in mind throughout the years. My mother died while protecting me, she killed the creature who wanted to devour me. It had turned out that the creature was a vampire, both the vampire and my mother died that day. I grieved over her death until I had to leave, I knew that only more would come if I stayed. That was six years ago, now I am nineteen years old.

I have not been captured yet. Over the years of being alone, I have grown to like it, being alone no longer bothers me anymore. I have not run into a supernatural being since my mother's death thirteen years ago. I have tried to keep track of the time, but lately, it seems as if time no longer matters. Time moves no matter what happens in our lives.

During the war, many buildings were destroyed. The buildings that were not destroyed, were instead searched for any supplies left behind by the humans.  I have gone out in the open only a few times when I was in need of supplies such as bandages and antibiotics, along with food and water. The wolves had taken over the United States, few areas were left unturned and the humans sought refuge there. The Wolves, like most supernatural creatures, had mates. They first searched the entire country for any females that were left behind or where not cautious enough about their surroundings. Most of the females, no matter how young, were taken to be held close to their mates. I, however, have not been captured yet, it has been years since I have run into anyone, human or not.