Chapter 7

Sheshira pov

After I agreed to give him a chance, he picked me up and twirled me around. He was genuinely happy, at least that is what his facial expression said.

One word made him so happy. After that, all he wanted to do was spend time with me. So here I was sitting in his office looking around. I ended up sitting on his lap while he finished up some paperwork. Eventually, I got him to release me from his arms and let me walk around his office.

The office was brown like most of the rest of the house. There was a couch, also brown, and two chairs. One behind his desk and the other in front of it. There were large windows that let light in, outside the window were trees. A large bookshelf was surrounding his desk and on top it held pictures.

As I walked around him, I trailed my fingers across the spines of the books, I scanned the

titles of the books.

"What are these?" I asked him, stopping at the end of the bookshelf.

"Records of the past ruling alphas and what they did when they were the alpha of this pack." He answered turning to look at me.

"How long does one get to stay alpha?"

"As long as they want, or need to be." He answered me once again.

"Are all these books about the past alphas?"

"No, not all. Some are about other packs. We like to keep track of everything, it helps the present and future alphas to look back at what worked and what didn't work." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

"I have the rest of the day off and there is this beautiful woman I am just dying to spend time with." He said to me after pressing his lips to the side of my head.

"Oh, is that so?" I replied.

"Yeah. What do you want to do? We could go have dinner, go for a long walk, maybe even go shopping if you would like, just so long as I'm with you." He said in a happy voice. 

"I didn't think boys liked shopping," I replied.

"Are you calling me a boy?" He asked me.

"Maybe," I said with a smirk on my face.

"You're insulting me. I'm a man, possibly the manliest man you will ever find." He said with a proud voice.

I turned around while still in his arms, I looked at him and just smiled. He lifted his hand up and caressed my face while looking down at me.

"Let's take this one step at a time, this is all very new to me."

"Okay, we will. Just one step at a time." He replied to me with understanding in his voice.

"I would do anything for you, even shopping, " He continued.

"How about we start with that dinner, and then maybe tomorrow go for that walk and shopping even," I said finally giving him an answer.

"Okay, I'll grab you a jacket and then we'll go have dinner." He said as he began to lead me out the door of his office.

Roman pov

After I finished work for the pack, I got out of my seat and wrapped my arms around my mate pulling her into my chest.

"I have the rest of the day off and there is this beautiful woman I am just dying to spend time with," I told my mate after pressing my lips to the side of her head.

"Oh, is that so?" she replied with a bit of sarcasm. She was getting used to living here and being around me.

"Yeah. What do you want to do? We could go have dinner, go for a long walk, maybe even go shopping if you would like, just so long as I'm with you." I said in a cheerful voice.

"I didn't think boys liked shopping," she replied.

"Are you calling me a boy?" I asked her with fake shock.

"Maybe," she said.

"You're insulting me. I'm a man, possibly the manliest man you will ever find." I told her with pride in my voice.

She turned around while still in my arms and looked at me with a smile on her face. I lifted my hand up and caressed her face while looking down at her. Her face was smooth and I couldn't help but caress her face more.

It was like I was in a trance, I couldn't look away from her face not that I would want to. She was beautiful. Her eyes were green, lips a soft pinkish red, and her cheeks soft.

Her hair was a dark brown color, it almost reached down past her ass. Everything about her was beautiful, how could I not want her, even if she were not my mate?

"Let's take this one step at a time, this is all very new to me." She said.

"Okay, we will. Just one step at a time," I said understanding what she wanted and why.

"I would do anything for you, even shopping," I continued.

"How about we start with that dinner, and then maybe tomorrow go for that walk and shopping even," She said finally answering my question from before.

"Okay, I'll grab you a jacket and then we'll go have dinner," I told her as I began leading her out of my office door.

We walked down a few halls and after I grabbed her a jacket, we walked out of the house. I walked her to my truck and opened the passenger side door for her. After she got in I closed the door and walked over to the other side of my truck to get in.

The drive to the restaurant wasn't very long. Once we arrived there, we both got out of the truck and walked into the building with my mate. It was a quiet restaurant that had been here for quite some time. We ordered soon after we were seated, we talked until we were served our food. 

Dinner had turned out to be perfect for the two of us and the rest of the night went well, we spent the night getting to know each other.