Chapter 14

Sheshira pov.

He was dead.

He had changed into his human form shortly after I had stabbed him in the chest. His body stopped moving and so did his breathing. He would never breathe again, he was dead and I had killed him in self-defense.

I just stared at his now still body in shock. I had just killed another living, breathing creature. After a few seconds, strong muscley arms wrapped around my shoulders and steered me away and out of the room.
I knew it was Roman right away, after all, I didn't believe that he would let anyone else in the room touch me. We walked back to our room in silence.
Once we were in the room, he grabbed a set of fresh clothes and took me to the bathroom.

Roman grabbed the wash rag and turned the hot water nob, making hot water rush out of the water spout. He put the wash rag under the water and got it damp. He put the rag up against my face and wiped away whatever was on my face.

" Why don't you wash your hands and I'll get the water running for a bath," Roman said after cleaning my face.

I moved closer to the sink and when I went to grab the bar of soap I noticed what my hands looked like. My hands were covered in red blood, I quickly grabbed the bar of soap and put it under water along with my hands. I scrubbed my hands clean, but I didn't stop once the blood was off. I kept scrubbing and when Roman stepped in, he quickly grabbed my hands and made me stop.

"You're going to scrub your hands raw if you keep going on like that," he exclaimed.

Roman turned me around so that I was facing him and wrapped me in his arms.

"I killed him," I spoke very softly.

"It was in self-defense," he replied.

"I thought he would just growl at me and then let it go. I didn't think I would actually kill him, I had only thought to fight him enough so that he would back off." I tried to explain to Roman.

"I know," he replied trying to comfort me. 

"Come on, come with me," he continued after a second or two.    

He walked me towards the bathtub and when we were at the edge of the bathtub, Roman picked me up. He climbed into the now filled tub and sat down with me in his arms. We were still fully clothed and the warm water made our clothes cling to each of our bodies.

I curled further into Roman's chest and silently stared at the tiled wall.

I had trained to be able to defend myself and even kill if I had too, but I never wanted to kill a single creature, not even the ones that took over the human world. It was something that I never in my entire life had wanted to do, but I had. I had killed another living being.

Roman pov.

Sheshira was in shock because she had killed someone. I was scared to leave her alone after seeing the way she had almost rubbed her hands raw.

We were currently sitting in the bathtub fully clothed. Sheshira was snuggled in my chest staring into outer space, she was probably going over the whole incident inside her mind.

After sitting in the bathtub for quite a while, I stood up with my mate still in my arms and stepped out of the bathtub.

"Sheshira are you asleep," I questioned once I saw that her eyes were closed.

"I almost was," She replied stirring in my arms.

" I'm going to go into the bedroom while you dry yourself off. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, I can dry myself off, thank you," she quietly said.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel and started to remove my dampened clothes so that I could properly dry myself off.

I started to pack our things so that we could leave right away in the morning. I know Sheshira would like to get back home as soon as possible.

Once she came out of the bathroom with clean clothes on I walked to her side.

"Feel any better?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just want to go home though,"  she replied.

"We'll be leaving first thing in the morning," I told her.

"Go to bed, I'll be back soon," I continued before walking to the bedroom door.

I walked out the door and down the hallway towards the room that we held the meetings and where the fight had been. I walked into the room to see that the blood spill had been cleaned up. The other alphas were still in the room, they looked at me a minute or two after I had entered the room.

"We have rules to obey Roman. We can not just let it go, one of our own was killed," an alpha across the room by the name of Herald said.

"He disrespected my mate and that is something that I will not ever tolerate. He deserved what he got, Cayle could have backed down," I shot back.

"We must obey the rules that the past alphas have laid down."

"Did you forget that one of those rules is that no werewolf may physically attack a human, especially if they are the mate of another werewolf," I said.

"Rules have been broken, but they have also been resolved." I continued.

With that said, I walked back to my mate and I's room. When I walked in she was under the covers with her eyes open staring at the ceiling. She turned to look at me when I entered the room, and I got ready to crawl into bed with her.

As soon as I was under the covers Sheshira moved closer to me and snuggled into my chest.

Rules:
* No werewolf may reveal their true nature to a human being unless that human is their mate.

* No werewolf may physically attack a human being. Especially if the human is mated to another werewolf.

* No werewolf may claim a mate that has already been claimed by another werewolf.