Chapter 8

Sheshira pov

Opening my eyes, I saw a handsome face. His eyes were closed and his face looked peaceful and happy. Everything about him seemed to be perfect as if Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, herself had sculpted him.

I had agreed to sleep in the same room as him but nothing more than that was to happen, at least not until we were both ready for that level of a relationship. It would take time for me to decide if I wanted to stay with him or if I wanted to leave and never come back.

In all honesty, though, I don't think I would be able to leave because of the bond. I could feel it getting stronger the more time I spent with him, it was a strange yet wonderful feeling. I knew now that he wouldn't hurt me, at least not intentionally. I believed that if I did decide to leave him, it would be painful and not just for him but for me as well.

I decided to get out of bed after a few minutes had passed. I gathered some of my clothes and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After I finished in the bathroom, I headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I managed to find some eggs and sausage patties, I found a pan and started cooking. I made enough for myself and Roman, I took the plate of food to our room.

Opening the door of the bedroom, I didn't see Roman anywhere but after a second or two, he appeared.

"I see you have breakfast already," he said noticing the plate of food in my hand.

"It's for you, I made it," I told him.

"In that case, thank you," he said thankfully.

"But what about you, did you make some for yourself?" he asked.

"I already ate, but thank you for asking," I replied.

"Don't expect this to mean anything, I just made more than I could eat," I continued.

I turned my face away from him feeling my cheeks heat up. I realized that I was blushing when I noticed my reflection in the mirror across the room.

"Um, I'm going to go now. Enjoy the food," I quickly said before turning to go out the bedroom door.

Before I could walk out the door, two muscular arms wrapped around my waist. He pulled me closely to his chest and put his face in the crook of my neck. He was smelling me! I never expected to be in this type of situation, especially with a werewolf.

"I'm going to be more possessive now, I'm going to want to be with you every second of the day," he said into my ear. 

"I'm never going to let you go because I will be damned if I give you a reason to leave. I can't even fathom you being out of my sight for even a minute," he continued.

"Why now?" I questioned him.

It all seemed quite strange to me. Why would he only be possessive now and not when he first found me. Weren't mates precious to any supernatural that existed?

"Because you agreed to give me a chance and besides, I was giving you space and time before," he explained to me.

Roman pov

When I woke up this morning my mate was gone. I jumped up from where I laid ready to go after her when I remembered to use my head and think.
Why would she give me a chance and then leave? Maybe it was so that I would relax and not think that she would leave me, or maybe she was using me.
I took a deep breath, smelling everything around me. I could smell her, the smell of a beautiful flower, my mate. She was still here, the smell of my mate, along with the smell of breakfast, filled my nose. She must be cooking for herself.

I could feel the wolf inside me stir, the want of its mate was strong. The pull of the bond would make me more possessive than before. The mate bond would naturally be stronger for my mate and I because I was an Alpha. The future of the pack would depend on our bond as mates, every pack needed a Luna. She would help keep us strong and united as a pack.

I walked into the bathroom to freshen up. I splashed some water on my face after brushing my teeth and then fixed my bed hair. Just as I was finishing up, I heard my mate walk into the bedroom. I walked back into the bedroom to see her holding a tray of eggs and sausage patties, they smelled wonderful.

"I see you have breakfast already."

"It's for you, I made it," she said to me.
"But what about you, did you make some for yourself?" I asked her.

Surely she would have made enough for herself too, but it never hurt to ask.

"I already ate, but thank you for asking," she replied.

"Don't expect this to mean anything, I just made more than I could ear," She continued.

She turned her face away from me, I saw her cheeks turn red in the mirror out of the corner of my eye.

"Um, I'm going to go now. Enjoy the food," she said quickly turning to leave.

But before she could leave I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to my chest. I lowered my head down to the crook of her neck and took in her sent. The sent of fresh flowers filled my nose, I could stay like this all day. Sheshira probably would be uncomfortable, she probably is right now since this was all new to her.

"I'm going to be more possessive now, I'm going to want to be with you every second of the day," I said into her ear.

"I'm never going to let you go because I will be damned if I give you a reason to leave. I can't even fathom you being out of my sight for even a minute," I continued. It was true, the mate bond was already becoming stronger than before.

"Why now?" She questioned me.

"Because you agreed to give me a chance and besides, I was giving you space and time before," I explained to her.

"Are you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"A bit, it's very different from what my mother told me about a human relationship," she answered.

"I'll try not to make you too uncomfortable," I said to her.

I didn't want to make her too uncomfortable around me, things could get weird between us. I'll admit being in a relationship with a werewolf might not be the easiest or the most normal thing, but I wanted to make it as smooth as possible.

"That food smells wonderful," I told her.

"Then you should probably eat it before it gets cold,"

"Okay," I replied.

I picked her up and set her on the bed before sitting down next to her myself and eating the food she made.

__________________________

Hey, sorry it took me so long to update. I couldn't think of what to write next, so in the future, if any of you have any ideas please let me know in a comment or on my profile.

-Thanks,
           Saraphena69