Chapter 10

Sheshira pov.

He kissed me! I was surprised, but not sure why. He is my mate after all, and I always had a feeling that this would happen eventually.

His lips were soft but rough at the same time as they were being pressed against mine. This was a first for me. Eventually, we both pulled away, I could feel my cheeks heating up. Roman had a smug smile on his face, it was as if he had just become the richest man in the world.

A werewolf had kissed me and I liked it. I liked the fact that someone not related to me cared for me, and not just a little but a lot.

"I love you!" Roman said with so much happiness laced into his voice.

I backed away from Roman, seeing that happy look on his face fall just before turning around so that he could not see my face. What should I say? How should I act? What I would say or do next would change things. My heartbeat sped up as Roman's words played over and over in my mind.

"Say something. Please." He spoke again.

"I don't..." I started but paused.

"I don't know if I feel exactly the same way about you as you feel about me. But I do like what is going on between us." I continued after a couple of seconds.

Slowly I turned back around to face Roman once again. The look of happiness that was once on Roman's face appeared again. He was happy that I was starting to like him and the relationship we shared. With just a bit more time, I too would come to love him.

We spent more time swimming in the river, and we even stood under the waterfall a couple of times.

After spending a couple of hours at the rive, we decided that we should head back home.

On our way back we held hands and Roman sneaked a couple of kissing. Some were planted on my cheek and others on my lips. Most of the way back I had a blush on my face and a voice filled with laughter. We took as much time as we could to walk back that by the time we did arrive back home it was already time for dinner.

Roman pov.

Her lips were soft and they tasted sweet as I pressed my lips against hers. Eventually, we both pulled away, a smug smile appeared on my face. I felt like the luckiest man alive, it was like nothing could ruin this moment.

"I love you!" I said to Sheshira with happiness laced in my voice.

It was the truth. Werewolves didn't necessarily love their mate right away, it took some time for them as well as their mate. The moment I saw Sheshira I knew that I would never even think of exchanging her for someone else. She was precious to me since the beginning, but that didn't mean that I would love her right away. Some werewolves had already chosen a mate before they could even find their true mate.

Sheshira backed away from me and that happiness quickly faded. Should I have waited longer to kiss her? Was it not the right moment? She wouldn't reject me, would she? Uneasiness filled the pit of my stomach as I waited for her to say something. It seemed like a century had passed as I waited for her to say something.

"Say something. Please." I spoke again, practically begging her to speak.

"I don't..." She began but paused.

I was scared of what she was going to say. I wanted so badly for her to except me, to accept the relationship that we had started to form.

"I don't know if I feel exactly the same way about you as you feel about me. But I do like what is going on between us." She continued after a couple of seconds.

Slowly she turned back around to face me once again. The look of happiness that had once been on my face appeared again. I was happy that she was starting to like me and the relationship that we shared.

We spent more time swimming in the river, and we even stood under the waterfall a couple of times.

After spending a couple of hours at the river, we decided that we should head back home.

On our way back Sheshira and I held hands, and I sneaked a few kisses. Some landing on her cheek and others on her lips when I caught her at the right time. Most of the way back she had a blush on her face, mostly from me kissing her, and her voice rang out with laughter. We both had smiles on our faces as well.

We took as much time as we could to walk back that by the time we did arrive back home it was already time for dinner.

After dinner, we headed up to our room to watch some television. We ended up cuddling on the couch and eventually, Sheshira fell asleep with my arms wrapped around her.