32

A/N: I swear I was gonna get this out Sunday, but I didn't actually start the update until yesterday because I was kind of in a not wanting to write mood. But it's here! And hopefully the last half of the chapter makes up for the lateness.

I would just like to say, I know Mike is an asshole in this fic, and this chapter especially (a fair warning about that, but it gets better I promise!) but that in no way represents him in real life. Also, there's mentions of abuse, and even though it's not like explicit details, I figured I'd put in a warning.

Alrighty pups, read and enjoy! I think (hope) the second half is something a lot of you have been waiting for. :)

---------

"W-What are you d-doing here? Lauren stumbled out, fear creeping into her voice as she spoke.

She didn't need this right now. She wasn't ready; she didn't think she'd ever be ready.

Mike shrugged. "I can't check on my own daughter?" he questioned calmly, like it wasn't a big deal that he was only now doing so after a year and half after Lauren moved out.

"How did you even find me?"

"I know people who live in the building," the older man replied. "They've mentioned seeing you around."

"What do you want?"

There was no way he came just to check on her. If that was the case, he would have done so months ago. But she hadn't talked to him since that night.

"Is it really that hard to believe I want to make sure you're doing okay?"

"Yes," Lauren replied simply. "And, and I'm fine. Please, just leave."

Mike's calm demeanor darkened slightly, and Lauren immediately tensed.

"We need to talk, Lauren. Now."

The green eyed girl shook her head, growing nervous with each second that passed. "No, we don't. You need to leave." She attempted to close the door, but Mike slipped his foot in between the door and the frame.

"Lauren Michelle, do not disobey me."

The implied threat sent a chill down the girl's spine, and she flinched back, clenching her eyes closed tightly. "Just leave, please," she begged.

She wasn't ready. There was no way in hell she could make it through this. Spending time with Dinah, Ally, and Normani, she had finally come to terms with the fact that her childhood was not normal. Really, she already knew it, but everything the trio had shown had only proven it.

"Please, just leave," she repeated quietly. "I don't want to talk to you."

"I haven't seen in you in almost two years," Mike argued.

"And whose fault is that?" Lauren replied angrily, her fists clenching at her side. She didn't know where the sudden bout of confidence came from, but assumed it was probably from her building frustrations that he wouldn't just leave.

"Don't talk to me like that, Lauren."

"No, you don't get to talk to me like that," the green eyed girl shouted, tears forming in her eyes. She absolutely hated how scared she felt being around him, though she supposed she had good reason.

This was the man who made her life growing up hell. And now here he was, after almost two years of no contact, demanding she speak with him. Just being near him had her on edge, and she wanted nothing more than one of the three women, hell even Camila to come and help her. She felt so small, like a child afraid to sleep because of imaginary monsters under the bed.