Chapter Five

Aaliyah POV:

"Have a good day babe, I love you." I told Matt as I handed him his Yeti filled with coffee. We'd done our morning routine together and he was leaving me to go to work. Now that I'm no longer working at the hospital since I'm on early maternity leave, I have a lot of extra time on my hands.

I spend more time at the boutique, I'm more active with volunteering at Matt's school, I get to spend more time with my husband, and I'm preparing myself for motherhood.

Every morning Matt and I go for a walk in our neighborhood for my daily exercise. After our walk, we take care of our hygiene and shower together. He rubs my belly down with different oils to prevent stretch marks and then he talks to our daughter. While he gets dressed for the day, I make us breakfast and we eat together before he's off to work.

"You too baby girl, I love you more." He said leaning down to kiss me before placing his hand on my belly. He kneeled down in front of me and grabbed my stomach in both of his hands. "Be good for mommy baby girl. Daddy loves you." I heard him say before he kissed my belly.

I smacked my lips as he stood up to his full height. "I thought I was baby girl?" I asked, squinting my eyes at him as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"My bad Li." He sighed.

"Oh, so I'm Li now? Wow! Okay." I scoffed.

"I'm not even about to do this with you." He chuckled as he grabbed my chin and kissed my lips. I didn't kiss him back and I had a pout on my face because he had me messed up. "Fix ya face and walk me to the door." I followed behind him with the same pout on my face but he wasn't phased. He simply kissed me again before going to his truck and backing out of the garage.

Once he was on the main road, I walked back into the house and got ready to get my day started. Typically I get dressed and go down to the boutique for a few hours before taking Matthew lunch and eating with him. Although I'm no longer working at the hospital, I still try to keep busy so I'm not sitting in the house all day, not being productive.

After checking in with my employees, I went to my office to review our numbers to see how our sales were. After that, I looked at our store website to see the surveys and reviews that our customers left.

Our numbers were looking good and we only had a few bad reviews. They were all about poor customer service and one associate in particular was the issue. Aunt Imani is really big on professionalism and good customer service so I needed to take care of this issue before she found out about it. "LaShondra, back to my office please." I paged over the intercom.

While waiting for her, I pulled up the reviews and surveys that specifically mentioned her name on the company iPad. I left my door ajar so she could walk right in. A few moments later there was a knock on my door before she stuck her head in.

"Hey, come in." I smiled as I stood up and gestured for her to have a seat in the chair that was facing my desk.

"Hi Aaliyah, you wanted to see me." She said with a smile on her face. LaShondra was a cool girl but she definitely had her moments. She had a short fuse and if you irritated her in the slightest way, she'd be giving you the nastiest attitude you could ever experience. I've warned her about it but this was my first time calling her to the office about it.

"Yes ma'am. Take a look at this for me." I said handing her the iPad. I watched as her eyes quickly swept across the screen. Her facial expression fell and she sighed before placing the iPad on the edge of my desk. I remained silent, giving her an opportunity to speak up and defend herself.