Chapter Nine

AALIYAH POV:

"Damn, that shit is crazy." Matthew mumbled as he shook his head. I'd finished giving him the rundown of what happened at the hospital earlier today. "That's a lot for a person to take in." He added, making me nod my head.

"He literally just woke up so we kept it short and simple for today. The doctor advised us to give him little bits and pieces every day but tomorrow we have to tell him about his family. His fiancée and daughter that passed in the wreck because the funeral is approaching. I'm just glad that Mama is here because this shit is gonna be tough." I sighed.

I was overwhelmed as hell. I felt pressured to do the right thing and to be a good person out of obligation. I felt like I needed to help. This is a man that I was once in love with, he was my first everything and we were once inseparable.

But at the same time I didn't want to take any chances or risk anything happening to ruin my marriage or my relationship with my husband. I'm in love with Matthew but at the same time, I'm human and I have human feelings. Not to mention, I found out that I was carrying yet another baby and our daughter wasn't even one years old yet.

At this moment I feel like my life is just messy as hell. Like a tornado flew through it. Just when I thought I had my life all planned and figured out, here comes God reminding me that he's the boss. I felt tense and stressed. I was most definitely making an appointment to see my masseuse first thing in the morning.

"Well I'm here for you and I support whatever you need me to do." He said making me smile as I leaned across the tub to peck his lips. My man was so supportive and that's one of the things that I love about him. I know he's down to ride for me no matter the circumstances.

"Thank you baby." I replied as he lifted my foot from the water and began to massage it. The main thing I wanted when we built our house was a bathtub big enough for both of us to fit comfortably for times like this.

We'd already put Maliyah down for bed and we were taking a bath together to relax so we could talk about our day. Despite Matthew's protests; I had candles lit, soft R&B playing, and bubbles in the water. I was sipping on a glass of sparkling cider and he had a mixture of Hennessy and Country Time Lemonade.

"Enough about me and my drama. How was your day baby?" I asked him.

He blew out a long breath before running his hand down his face. "You remember Shawn? He's a senior this year."

"The one on the football team or the one with the four kids?" I asked.

"Football team." He responded.

"Yeah, I remember him he's a sweet kid. What about him? He okay? His grandma didn't pass away, did she?" I asked, knowing that she had been sick.

"He got in a fight during practice today?" He said making me look at him in shock. "I took him out on the track and we talked. Him and his people got an eviction notice. He told me today they have until tomorrow to get out." He said making my heart drop down to the pit of my stomach. "I don't know what to do, baby girl." He sighed.

"The hell you mean you don't know what to do? We're gonna pay that baby's rent. We can't let them get put out! Where else are they gonna go?" I snapped, looking at him like he was crazy.

"You know I'm not supposed to be doing stuff like that. I could lose my job if anybody finds out. But at the same time I can't let them get put out. There's six kids living in that house and a sick old lady." He sighed.

"We'll figure out something babe." I told him reassuringly. "Get his information and I'll make sure it gets handled." I told him.

"I will, thank you baby girl." He nodded.