Chapter Seven

It's been brought to my attention that some of you all don't know who Trayveon is. He's a new character that I added to the first book while I was editing. He and Mookie were close friends before and during her pregnancy with Jr. If you'd like to get familiar with his character feel free to re-read the edited version of trust issues.

MATTHEW POV:

I walked into my house after my morning run and taking out the trash

I walked into my house after my morning run and taking out the trash. I gulped down a cold bottle of water before going upstairs to my bedroom. An instant smile was placed on my face when I saw both of my girls asleep in the bed. Before my run, I had to change and feed my Princess because she was fussy, now she was sound asleep. I leaned over the bed to place a kiss to my wife's lips before kissing my daughter's forehead.

Aaliyah and I decided that we didn't want any visitors right away. We wanted to wait until she was at least one month before allowing everybody to come see her. I didn't want all of those people in my Princess' face yet.

Our parents were really the only people that have had physical contact with her. Everybody else would have to just be content with the pictures we sent them and FaceTime for now.

I was grateful that my Princess was born right before school let out for the summer. That way I could be home with her and Aaliyah for three months without having to worry about leaving them to go to work. I wouldn't mind being up under them all day. They were my peace.

After standing there and watching them sleep, I finally went into the bathroom and took care of my daily hygiene needs. By the time I got out of the shower and began getting dressed, the smell of breakfast was in the air and it smelled delicious. I was grateful for Mookie being here. Just her presence made life easier, especially with all the crazy shit that's been going on lately.

Since my daughter has been born, I've been trying my best to balance being a good father and husband as well as being a good brother and uncle to Austin, Whitney, and the kids. Li can only do so much from a bed, especially when they don't text back or answer calls. I try to be in contact with them every day, just to show them that I'm there for them and that I care about what they're going through.

The smell of breakfast knocked me out of my thoughts so I slipped on my Gucci slides and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I only had on basketball shorts and a muscle shirt since I wasn't going anywhere. If we didn't have company over here, I would've been walking around in a pair of boxers. But out of respect, I put on clothes.

"Morning Ma." I said greeting her as soon as I stepped foot in the kitchen.

"Good morning Son. How'd you sleep?" She said turning to hug me. I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead.