25.

CHAPTER 25 - KIDNAPPED

Sally! Of course, why was he not surprised? He had suspected her when Alexia told him the signed blank check was in her hands before she took it. He had the feeling in his gut that she would be behind this and he was right.

Sally had gone to the company looking for the check, but when it was not there, she figured it would be at her home, so she went after it.

The phone call he received at home was about it. Someone had gone to withdraw a big fat amount of money from Alexia's account and the bank called the police immediately. When they arrived at the scene, they realised it was Alexia's former secretary. The police took her in for questioning and she admitted everything.

Colin was glad that they found the culprit. However, he wasn't convinced that she did it alone. He wanted to find out whether Elijah had a hand in it or not.

"You can go in, Colin." An officer informed him and he entered the interrogation room.

Sally was sitting on a chair and cuffed to the table. She smiled when he walked in. "Hi Colin, did you come to see me?" She asked.

"Yes, I did." He replied while taking a seat on the other chair across the table. "I came to see how miserable you are and also ask how a dumb slut like you managed to come out with such a plan."

Sally's smile widened. "Oh, you want this slut to show you how to do it don't you. You have not managed to sleep with my boss yet. Are you lacking the skills and you want, mama to demonstrate them for you?"

Colin clenched his fists and narrowed murderous eyes at her. She laughed and threw her head backwards, which only angered him even more. "If sex is all you think, then I advise that you think again." He told her.

"Have you forgotten that you're in police custody? With the crimes of breaking and entering, destroying private property and theft? If you don't know, these are huge crimes and the minimum numbers of years in prison you will get are, fifteen." Her smile fell and eyes bulged.

"It is no joke here, so unless you want to help police investigations and hopefully reduce your sentence, you have to tell us who the man in the car is?"

Fear crossed Sally's face and she clenched her hands together nervously. He could tell that she was thinking about it and he hoped she tells him the truth. He had a hunch that that man from the bank's camera footage was Elijah. All he wanted now was for her to confirm his suspicion.

"Do you want to go to prison and pay for your crimes and his? Do you want him, walking around with his freedom while you rot behind bars?"

"NO!" She yelled.

"Then tell us who the damn man is?" Colin raged and banged both hands on the table, startling her.

"It's Elijah!" She replied quickly.

***

Alexia took a long hot shower in the beautiful bathroom. Afterwards she changed into the jumpsuit she brought from her place and then explored Colin's mansion.

The house was truly beautiful. There with a heart-shaped pool, a basketball court, a garage -where he kept his many sport cars- and a garden. The garden had many different flowers, some of which she had never seen before.

After her tour, she went into the large kitchen and opened the large fridge. To her surprise, she found it filled with beer, water and many easy-cook noodles.

"Does he only eat noodles?" She asked herself and then went ahead to cook some. She had just finished serving the noodles on a plate when the doorbell resonated through the house.