36.

THIRTY-SIX - THE TRUTH

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention this. I invited Colin."

Alexia's gaze rose from her laptop and looked at the seat in front of her, Sloan's seat. Sloan shifted and turned her head to gaze at Alexia who was sitting in the backseat. There was a broad smile on Sloan's face, which Alexia was not surprised to see. Ever since she introduced Colin to them at the Perez Dome, she has not stopped talking about him. One could tell that she was into him.

Of course, who would not? He was handsome, had a great physique and his eyes were beautiful. Not forgetting his nice looking lips, striking jawline and...

No!

Alexia suddenly realised what she was doing and quickly stopped herself. You cannot admire another man beside your boyfriend, she reminded herself. Even more, Sloan is attracted to that man and is hoping to win his heart.

"Uh huh," Vulcan drawled, looking away from the road before him, to raise a brow at Sloan. "How far have you gone with him already?" He winked and she laughed, throwing her head back.

"No," she said, laughter still in her throat. "We have not even gone as far as a date yet."

They reached a traffic light and Vulcan stopped, as the light was red. He glanced at Sloan in the passenger seat and said.

"Hmm, then I guess it will go farther than a date at the Coconut Grove hotel. You will have to make good use of the spas, saunas and white sand beaches over there. I hear it is quite romantic in the evening. Maybe you could have a candle lit dinner in the sunset."

"Alexia," Sloan called, pushing her flushed face into her palms. "Tell your boyfriend to make plans for the both of you instead of planning mine." She said.

"Do not worry, my love. We are taken care of." He said to Alexia, who smiled and went back to her laptop. She was working on the designs for the hotel.

"So are we going to pick him up?" Vulcan asked Sloan, who nodded.

"Yes."

Alexia could no longer concentrate after that. She did not like the idea that Colin was coming with them and now, he would be riding in the same car as them? She would feel even more uncomfortable with him around after what he said last night.

She closed her laptop and looked out the window at the buildings whizzing past. She has not been to this part of town after she returned, however the buildings seemed familiar, like she has been here before. They came to a stop outside two black gates.

As she watched the mansion that stood before them, she got a feeling that she has been here before. Her lips parted and the words came out.

"Where are we?"

"Colin's place." Sloan replied and stepped out of the car.

"How do you know where he lives when you claim you have not even gone out on a date with him yet, hmm?" Vulcan looked suspicious.

"I found out." She replied while pressing the doorbell.

"You are stalking him aren't you?" Vulcan chuckled. "Why aren't I surprised?"

Alexia stared intently at the mansion before her, feeling very sure of herself that she has been here before. This familiar place was Colin's place, and last night, he hinted that they knew each other. Was he really a part of her past? What was he, to her? Were they close? For one thing, she was sure he was not her brother because she remembers being her parents' only child.

A figure clothed in white tracksuit walked out of the house holding a black overnight bag. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw him. His features became more prominent with every step he took, making her heartbeat pick up.