32.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO - TIME FLIES ONE YEAR LATER

The red Ferrari sports car whizzed into the parking lot of Don's pub and pulled to a stop in a parking space. The engine died before the door swung open and a man in a grey suit stepped out. He buttoned up his jacket and pulled on his glasses before making his way to the entrance.

"Colin!" The boys called as soon as he entered.

"Hi, guys." He reached their booth and they made space for him to sit down. "What's up?" He asked, beaming.

"Things have been really great here. What about you? How have you been?" Matt asked.

Colin did not know how to answer that question because many things have happened. He did not know how or where to start either. After he left the hospital about eleven months ago, he started therapy. He wanted to keep his sanity because he was afraid he would lose his mind. He had felt very empty inside. His therapist recommended that he take a break from work. Hence, he decided to leave the country.

He had used that chance to do a little soul searching and also, look for Alexia. He went from one country to the other, hoping to run into her, but he did not. After a few months away, he finally found some peace and returned about five months ago.

He then spent time with his family, as the therapist advised. He had been at spring bird all this time until a few weeks ago, when he decided it was time to return to work.

Thanks to his secretary who had expertly managed the company in his absence, he did not have much to do when he returned. He had been engrossed in work all week until today when he decided to come see his friends.

After thinking of all that, Colin just shrugged and then replied. "Uh, I will say things have been great too." He replied and the same time Shannon came to their booth with a tray.

"Hello, Colin." She smiled at him. This time, it was not a flirtatious or seductive smile, but a genuine one. She had heard what happened to him from the boys and she felt very sorry for him. She wished she could just hold him and let him know that life still goes on.

"Hi, Shannon. It's been a while." She nodded while placing a glass of scotch in front of him.

"It's your favourite."

"Thank you." He said.

"It's good to have you back man." Bernard said while tapping his back.

"It's good to be back." Colin said while sipping the scotch. He made a face as the liquid burned his throat. "Whoa, it's strong." He said.

"It is still the same scotch man." Nathaniel said.

"Really? Then it has really been a while since I drank alcohol."

They chuckled and then the boys started talking about their conquests. Colin concentrated on his scotch and kept his mind out of their conversation. Now he did not think he would ever be interested again in listening to the dirty jokes. After everything that happened to him, he would never find them funny again. Besides, they were never funny, now that he had reflected on all of it.

Looking down at his wrists, he saw the marks on them. He would forever carry these as a reminder of what Lily Marshall; Lora Marshall's crazy sister did to him for what she did to her sister.

The boys' loud laughter brought him out of his trance and he asked. "What's funny?"

"Ben and I made this bet a few weeks ago." Nathaniel began. "We agreed to approach this girl and the first one to seal the deal, gets paid by the loser. So last week, Bernard won. I gave him his money, no problem with that." He chuckled and then continued. "Best friend got the girl, so I nailed his sister."