26.

CHAPTER 26 - RELIEF

Daphne had been waiting outside there for a whole thirty minutes. She was returning to Colin's house after leaving the police station, when a car sped away from there. After recognising the driver of the vehicle, she followed it hoping to find out his hiding place.

Daphne traced Elijah to an uncompleted building, only to find out that he had kidnapped Alexia and Sofia. She immediately called Colin and informed him about it and he said he was on his way with the police. They asked her to wait until help arrived and she had done that for more than thirty minutes now. However, she could not wait any longer!

She was not going to let that jerk kill them in her presence. Taking off her shoes, she slowly climbed into the house through the broken window, without making a sound.

Elijah was still going on about how he both loved and loathed Alexia. Good that he was distracted, that way she could gain on him without his knowledge. Running into the room as fast as she could, she attacked him from behind. Locking her arms around his neck, she threw him to the floor with a thud.

Daphne did not give him the chance to recover from the impact and started kicking him as hard as she could in his chest and between the legs. He screamed and tried to reach for his gun that was a few inches away from his fingertips. She quickly noticed his move and kicked it far from his reach. Grabbing his arms, she twisted them backwards, making him scream louder.

"Would you shut up?" She said. "You're the only man in this room, yet you're screaming like a little girl." She teased while taking out handcuffs from her back pocket. In a swift movement, she cuffed one of his legs to his hand and left him lying on his belly.

Daphne went to squat in front of a shocked Alexia and then said. "I have a lot of explanations to give, don't I?"

The police soon arrived at the scene and arrested the criminal. Colin was with them, and boy was he happy to see his sister and Alexia in one piece. He had been going out of his mind at the police station, thinking about what Elijah would do to them. Thank goodness, Daphne was there to save them from what would have been a tragedy.

"Sofia, oh my god, Sofia. I'm so relieved to see you." Colin knelt down in front of the little girl and took her in his arms. He hugged her very tightly and she held him.

"I want mummy." She cried. "Give me mummy."

"Sofia please calm down. Do not worry. I called her. She's at the airport taking the next flight. She will be here soon. Hush now, do not cry. I am here."

Sofia gripped him as he stood up with her in his arms. Her tears poured out even more and she cried louder. Colin carried her to the ambulance and the paramedics checked on her. She did not let him go for a second and he did not leave her side either. Although he was dying to hold Alexia in his arms, kiss her senseless and tell her how much he had worried about her.

He could not stop blaming himself for what happened. It was all his fault they got kidnapped. He had turned off the security in his house because Sofia was coming over and Alexia was at his place. He had not wanted that they'd want to go out and would have had issues with his maximum security house. He disabled them for good reasons but that also made it easier for the psychopath to get in and kidnap them. Damn, he would not have forgiven himself if something bad had happened to them.

Alexia was in the second ambulance also getting a check-up. She was still in shock of the events that transpired today and really wanted to hold someone. Not just any one though, but Colin. She wanted him to wrap his large, comforting arms around her and tell her everything would be fine like he always did.